Chapter 11: Pursued

Start from the beginning

"He'll be back soon," Y/n added.

Then Y/n's mother snapped out of her feelings and realized the situation she was in. She let her youngest child see her in such a vulnerable way, she suddenly felt guilty. She tries to keep this sort of thing behind closed doors. "I think I'm the one that's supposed to be comforting you..." she joked, lightening the mood.

Y/n chuckled lightly, making her mom do the same. They even sounded the same. Y/n took a lot after her mother, and she felt thankful for it.

"Are you ok?" Y/n asked finally.

Her mother nodded quickly and wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks. "Yes, of course. Your father will be back soon. It'll all be ok." She made it sound like she was assuring Y/n, but she was really trying to reassure herself. Still, she didn't feel like that on the inside. But she couldn't bare to have Y/n have to do this for her.

"Can I get you anything?" Y/n stood up and reached her hand down towards her mother. She took it, standing up too.

"No, I'm ok. I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I'm going to retire for the night." She smiled at her daughter. Y/n smiled and nodded her head.

While Y/n and her mom talked in the room, Jaxon and Robby were left alone towards the front of the house.

Robby wasn't sure whether to go inside after Y/n ran in. Jaxon, who was standing at the open front door, looked Robby up and down. Robby looked back at him, standing there awkwardly. Jaxon narrowed his eyes at him, before eventually nodding his head, signaling for him to come in.

Robby stood by the door when it closed. Jaxon leaned his arm on the door and continued staring at Robby. Eventually, Jaxon broke the silence. "Take your shoes off in the house."

Robby looked down, before quickly untying his shows and picking the up from the ground. "Sorry..." he apologized.

"Put your jacket on the coat rack," Jaxon told him quickly. Robby listened, taking his jacket off and hanging it up, before apologizing quietly for another time.

Jaxon just blinked at him.

After a long silence, Jaxon spoke again. "Do you have a job?" he asked.

Robby cleared his throat quietly. "Yes, I work at LaRusso Auto. Over in Woodland Hills," he asked.

"Oh, so you're a car guy?" Jaxon asked, a smirk growing on his face.

"Well," Robby tilted his head, "I wouldn't say that..."

"So you lied to me?" Jaxon asked, the smile disappearing from his face as his eyebrows furrow.

Robby's eyes widened slightly. "No, of course not."

"But you just said you were a car guy." Jaxon pointed at him.

"No, I didn't. You said I was a car guy." Robby tried to defend himself without sounding rude.

"Hey, you puttin' words in my mouth?" Jaxon stood up straighter, squaring his shoulders, his voice stern and tough.

Robby heart leapt nervously in his chest. He had to make a good impression, but he was doing the opposite. "No, no. I promise, I'm-"

"What are you guys talking about?" Y/n interrupted, walking into the room now. Robby still looked slightly frightened, but Jaxon looked normal and happy to see her.

"Y/n! My one and only little sister," Jaxon said louder than usual, stepping towards Y/n. Then he lowered his voice and asked, "Is mom all right?"

"She'll be ok," she responded with a nod. Then her eyes fell onto Robby, who was standing awkwardly by the door with his shoes still in his hands.