“Can you blame me Aberto? It’s only human to be affected by someone so hot.” I whispered and he shivered. God, what was I doing? I’m turning into my best friend.

I tried to pull away but he held me prisoner in his strong arms. “I think I like you in my arms, bello.” His husky, deep voice made me tremble. I’ve met several good-looking guys throughout my life. A good selection of them went to my school and were even best friends with my brother. Why did this boy have such a strong effect on me? Was it the way those luscious curls fell into his smoldering, heart-piercing eyes? Or was it his perfectly sculpted body I was lusting after? I shook my head. Head out of the gutter!

“It’s a shame I don’t.” I giggled pulling away from him. Wait, what? I don’t? Mia! You LIAR! You so do!

I squealed as he tried to catch me. Oh no! I’m such a goner when wrapped around in those strong, toned arms.

“MIA!” Abe yelled after me. We were both running towards the house, me in the lead by just a couple of steps. “Catch me if you can, pretty boy!” I laughed, pushing myself to go faster.

“I don’t know who your boyfriend is.” He growled. “But he sure needs to give you a good session of spanking!”

“Guess I’m lucky I don’t have one then.” I muttered rolling my eyes.

“Then I’ll do the honors.” He exclaimed sounding really close and a little too happy.

I turned my head, my hand inches from the doorknob. “Ahhhh!” I screamed.

The door opened, making me crash backwards into Abe’s still sprinting figure. “Ow.” I moaned rubbing the back of my head and butt. “Am I going to be kissing the ground all day?”

Abe chortled and I glared at him. “Sorry I have that affect on women.” He boasted and I rolled my eyes.

“Ahem.” Jackie said eyeing the two of us. I was sprawled on the ground, my head in Abe’s lap. I didn’t feel like standing up. Besides, Jackie looked funny from this angle.

“What are you two doing up this early?” She asked raising one perfect brow.

“I went for a run.” I shrugged. We both looked over at Abe. What was he doing? He wasn’t even here before I left.

Abe held up a Marlboro box and I frowned. He smoked? He was out from before four to smoke? Jackie nodded, oblivious to my doubts.

“Okay!” She clapped. “Mia, make us breakfast, pretty please?”

I rolled my eyes, finally finding the energy to stand up. “Sure. I’ll make it right after I shower.”

“No!” She whined like a child. “I’m hungry now! Please!”

“Fine.” I grunted and she jumped like she’d just won the lottery.

“I love you, baby girl! My life is screwed without you!” She screamed hugging me.

“I can’t.. breath!” I whispered and she stopped squeezing my neck.

“Sorry.” She said sheepishly.

I walked around her, shaking my head. “Go shower while I make breakfast.”

Jackie nodded like the obedient person she wasn’t and I got to work in the kitchen. The refrigerator was full and I was impressed. Twenty minutes later I had a mountain of blueberry pancakes ready, a stash of sizzling bacon and a huge pan of steaming scrambled eggs. I buttered a few toasts and covered others in cheese.

“BREAKFAST’S READY!” I hollered.

Zach and Abe came running into the kitchen with hilarious expressions. “FOOD!” They yelled in unison and then made themselves comfortable. I handed them both plates, a little scared, and they quickly snatched it and filled it with food.