Insomnia

The kitchen light flickered on softly. You lift your head up from your book, spoon lilting softly on your bottom lip as you linger on the taste of chocolate ice cream.

Josh is standing in the hallway, his finger poised on the light switch. Bed curls tumbled around his forehead as he rubbed his tired eyes with his other hand. His belly moving against his breath, the little V shape of his waist sitting snugly against the band of his underwear. Your eyes were immediately drawn to it as he realised you were sitting there in only the black lace panties he'd gifted you last birthday.

"You can't sleep?" He asks, the dreamy rasp in his voice commanding all your attention.

You slide your book aside. Leaning up to stretch lazily, you watch him pad his way over to you on bare feet. He smells like fresh linen as he swirls the bar stool you're perched on around.

"Something like that." You reply, slipping your spoon into the half empty tub of ben & jerry's.

Josh pulls you in lithely, bringing your breasts to the skin of his chest. Your arms tangle familiarly around his neck. He takes a moment to breathe you in, his hands on the small of your back sending shivers down your spine.

"Are you cold, Mama?" He asks, feeling your body shudder against his. "You eaten too much ice cream?"

He knows how your body reacts to him. He's always known. The way his touch brought you to a place you'd never reached with any other. With Josh, there was never a time when you'd ever welcomed him into your arms and not felt as if electricity coursed through your veins.

"There's no such thing as too much." You teased, bringing the spoon from the tub to his waiting mouth.

He took the ice cream gratefully, keeping his mouth open as you crush yours against his. You taste him and the ice cream, his tongue moving the chocolate into your mouth and turning your kiss into a dark mess. A quiet moan escapes your chocolate covered lips and his tongue probes further.

The bar stool allows you to meet his waist at perfect symmetry. Your open legs shimmy to the edge, feeling his growing manhood behind his strained underwear.

Those brown eyes are so serious as he looks you over. That vacant stare that was full of secrets had been the one which had reeled you in. Purposefully undressing you with them, tangibly calling to you to respond over a crowd of faceless bodies that had stood between you.

Perhaps it was the intensity of that look which kept you bound to him? Perhaps it was the way that he loved you so effortlessly in the transpiring months since that first night? Josh was an enigma. You were still discovering him, and it seemed as if every new discovery was more delicious than the first.

"Tastes so fucking good." He murmurs, taking your chin in his hand as he lifts your face up to inspect the mess around your lips.

He moves your head slowly from left to right, a look of satisfaction building in the way the corner of his smile turns upward.

"Yeah?" You clarify, letting him play with your mouth as he licks the residue from your bottom lip.

You run the tip of your finger through his moustache, where the ice cream has melted into the fine, coarse hairs. There's a playful edge to it as you giggle, and he falls into a shared laughter as you nestle your face into the nape of his neck.

"Don't you be getting all soft on me." His voice is low, urging you to cease the playful edge to your touch.

Josh had sensed your willingness to comply almost immediately. As if his burning intensity hadn't drawn you to him, it had been the way you threw your head back when you laughed which had brought him to you. And when he asked you to settle into a serenity with him, you held his hand and walked into that space with him so willingly.