Chapter 11

A few days later I woke up feeling great. I got up and took a quick shower then brushed my teeth. Putting my wet hair into a bun and then not even throwing on a bra before throwing on a big hoodie and sweatpants. I'll go to class tomorrow. I sit down on the couch and sigh as I flip through the channels. There's no one home and nothing to do. I guess I can go on a walk with Chester. I call the dog and put his leash on him. We walked down the stairs of the apartment and out into the war air. We turned a few corners. We are a few blocks away from the house I didn't want to go back so soon, but I also had a weird feeling. That someone was watching me. I turn around a bit to look around. I felt a cold hand over my mouth and pulled me into the alley behind me. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I bit the finger of the person, but they didn't budge. A white van came around and I was pushed inside along with Chester.

"Gemma Bailey" a voice booms. I look around and see a few men around me. I must have blacked out because I am now in a room in a chair tied up. "My name is Jeremy Davidson. These are my partners. We aren't here to hurt you, but if you are found back here, you will be hurt. You know our friend Kyrin Morgan. You see sweetheart. He owes us money. He isn't afraid to stand up to us. This is where you come in. " he pauses to look directly into my eyes. " you are going to go home after this and tell him what happened. He seems very friendly with you, which he isn't with a lot of people. If he doesn't get us our money your life is on the line." He doesn't stutter at all.

--

"Kyrin?" I stutter as I open his bedroom door. He was sitting on his bed with a laptop. He slowly shuts it when he sees me.

"Yes Gemma?" He asks

"Uh- well we need to talk.." I sigh as I step towards him. He nods and gestures for me to sit down with him. I sit as told and look at him. I couldn't tell if he could see the fear in me or not. "Today, I had an experience, with a guy named Jeremy Davidson....-" I was cut off with Kyrin standing up immediately.

"Did he hurt you?" He asks I could see the fear in his eyes as he examines me. I shake my head.

"Uh- he said if you don't give him what he wants.. T-that he is going to find me again.. And k-kill me..." I stuttered out the hard parts. I couldn't even look up at Kyrin. I'm terrified that he won't pay them and they will come after me.

"Gemma.." Kyrin breathes. I look up at him with tears in my eyes. He kneels down in front of me caressing my face in his hands. "I am not going to let them touch you. Okay?" He asks i sniffle and nod my head. The tone in his voice made m believe him. I had trust in this guy. I hope I can keep that trust. Or my life is in the line.