Chapter 18

~Duke's POV~

I walked upstairs carrying Rosie, she was sound asleep in my arms. That was a miracle, because it seems like she never sleeps. I put her in her crib and walked out, I checked on Toby, he was sound asleep, cuddled up to Rayne, she was asleep as well, but I saw a smile as she slept. Toby had already stole her heart as well.

I woke up the next morning, Rayne was cooking breakfast, Toby was sitting at the table watching her. Rosie was asleep in her little baby swing.

"Morning honey." She said, kissing my cheek.

"Morning."

Toby looked at me and smiled.

"Morning kiddo," I said, ruffling up his hair.

The lady from social services came around noon. Rayna was making up a bottle for Rosie and I was playing with Toby. I heard the doorbell and opened it up.

"How was he last night?" She asked.

"He was fine, as far as I know he slept all night."

"Good." The woman looked over at Toby, "Alright Toby it's time to go."

"NO! I want to stay." He ran away and ducked behind Rayna.

"Toby you have to come. With me."

"I don't want too."

I looked over at Rayna and she was staring right back at me. She stroked Toby's hair to calm him down. "Toby sweetie you have to go with her. Don't worry we'll see you soon."

"Promise?"

"Yes I promise."

He walked over and hugged my legs before going with the social worker. After he was gone, Rayna looked like she was going to cry.

"Could we afford another child?"

I looked at her and sighed, "I don't know, I mean we just had Rosie, she's not even a month old yet."

"Yeah I guess you're right. He was just breaking my heart."

"I know. He was breaking mine too."

Rosie started to fuss in Rayna's arms, so she grabbed the bottle and she ate, looking very pleased. I smiled and kissed her head.

"I can't let that little boy go in foster care Duke.."

"I know, we'll see what we can do."

"Alright."

--------------

"Duke!" Toby screamed as he came out with the social worker, he ran over and hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Hey bud."

"Mr. Valentine what is it that you would like to discuss?"

"I'd like to discuss the idea of adoption."

"Oh well it would take some time, but it is a possibility."

"Okay. I have all the time in the world.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry I know this chapter is super short, but I'm starting to run out of ideas for this story, so I may wrap it up in one more chapter or so, depending if I think of any ideas. I have been toying with the idea of a spinoff with Eric and a girl, but I need to hear what you guys think, before I even consider writing any ideas for it. So please leave me comments about that idea, because I really need your guys help. Once again thanks for reading. This story has over 17,000 reads, I can't believe that at all and I am so grateful for all the support you have given this book. Thank you all so very much! I love you all.

~~Katelyn~~