He could hear a growl coming from within.

~~~~~

"Yay, yay, yay! It's the second half! Here, Earth Eleven changes their goalkeeper Ibuki for Nishizono!"

It was Faram's kickoff, and they made it a bit up the pitch before Ichikawa got in their way, however, they didn't get very far. Faram's players took it back just as fast and were able to get the ball to Rodan, who had just gotten past Manabe.

"Kazanrai!"

"Buttobi Punch!"

And with his strength, the ball was returned to the midfield. Shindou and Hilary went after it, the latter catching up faster and sending it to Ryugel. Another punch was used to block it, sending it to Gandales' path. Still, the little keeper was able to react to it just in time to deflect it...

To Tsurugi.

"Just as I had calculated!" Manabe had moved in front of him right before he could take a shot.

Still, the navy haired boy smirked and kicked the ball up to do a heading. "Make the goal!"

"Yeah!" The ones to receive it were the pair of brothers, each with their own smug smiles. "Scream of Eden!"

"I won't let you! Buttobi Punch―"

But he could only barely make it, the ball slipping in just as he touched it. The score was 2-1, Faram in the lead.

In the next kickoff, Matatagi gave the ball over to Shindou, who, upon getting blocked by Hilary, sent it all the way back to Manabe. However, Tsurugi intercepted it and charged for the goal. Manabe moved to stop him first, but he dodge past him. When Minaho came in for support, he lifted the ball over his head to get through. Shinsuke was nearly able to grab the ball, but the striker was faster, dribbling past him and shooting from up close.

However, Tetsukado reacted fast. "Dead Straight!" His counter shot sent it all the way to the opposing goal.

The Faramian keeper gathered some kind of energy around his left hand. "Rebound Layer!" The energy turned into multiple layers of strange disks just as the ball reached it. It seemed to react like a spring as the disks pushed the ball back onto the field.

However, before they could make it very far, Tenma ambushed them with a slide tackle, sending the ball out of the field.

You were close.

Amber eyes cast a brief glance at her purple ones before quickly turning back to the field. Yeah. But the game's not over yet.

I'm rooting for you!

Heh... I won't lose.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to say it anyway.

Seeing the hidden smirk he had, she took that as cue to leave his thoughts once more. But just as she was about to relax again, her attention was caught by Ichikawa, looking troubled as he returned to his position.

But before she could make any comments, the next round was about to begin with Faram's throw-in.

"Whoa! Earth Eleven boldly brings up their back line!"

Just as the commentator said, even the four defenders they have were standing near the center circle. At the little keeper's confused look, their captain gave him a confident smile. That was all he needed to reassure himself of his abilities.

A whistle was heard. "Hey! Selen's throw-in resumes the game, baby!"

She gave it to Hilary, who immediately passed it to their captain. He broke through the defense in an instant and ran straight for the goal.