Jack and Chris Work Day

Kacey's POV

As I wake up smelling, breakfast is made. I get up and go into the kitchen to see Eddie and the boys dressed and ready to go. I turn back around to go get ready for work. As I got ready for work, I heard Jack talking to Eddie.

"Eddie, I have a question." Jack asked.

"Oh yeah, what's up, bud?" Eddie asked with a smile.

"When mommy and I go on vacation this next week, can you and Chris come with us? Jack asked nicely.

"Sure, we'd love to come, but I'll ask your mommy first if it's okay with her." Eddie said.

"Oh, she'll be okay with it. She really likes you, Mr. Diaz." Jack said.

I walked into the kitchen, ready to go. "Everybody ready to go?" I asked.

I got a nod from everyone as Chris and Jack were quickly to the door. I opened the door, helping Chris out the door and to the car. As I opened the car door for him, I helped him in buckling up. Jack got in on the other side and buckled up. I got up front as Eddie opened the passenger door for me.

"You are not driving this morning." Eddie said.

"But Edds, I want to drive, please." I begged pouting.

He shook his head and gave me a look. I walked over to the passenger side and got into the car, not after Eddie slapped my butt as I got in. I squeaked as I sat down, taking the action as a surprise. Eddie got in and drove us to the firehouse. As we all walked in, Bobby was happy to the boys. Eddie and I wore our uniforms into work.

"Uncle Bobby!!!!" Jack yelled, running to him.

I watched Jack as he hugged Bobby and was so excited to see his other uncle and Aunt. I smiled as Bobby picked him up as he hugged him. I watched as Chimney walked upstairs with Hen. Bobby put Jack down as he ran over to them.

"Auntie Hen!!! Uncle Chim!!!" He yelled as they both picked him up to hug.

I smiled as Eddie walked up behind me with Chris. I got down to Chris's level and smiled.

"Jack can introduce you to all our friends. They are super nice and will always look out for you." I said with a smile.

Chris nodded as Jack came up and took his hand, taking him up to Bobby. I smiled at my boy being so sweet. I got up as Eddie hugged me from behind. Buck came up and looked at Jack and Chris as he smiled.

"So Eddie and Kacey, I talked to Cheif, and the 118 is only taking soft jobs today cause of the kiddos. So we are all good." Bobby said with a thumbs up.

Eddie and I both nodded with a smile. We showed both of the boys around after the introductions were made. Hen and Chim played with the boys and showed them secrets about the firehouse. As the bell rang, we all got in the engine and took off to our location. As we arrived, Bobby watched the boys, and we got to work. Buck got the cat out of the tree and also helped the boyfriend out of the tree as the girlfriend giggled. I took the cat to her and watched my brother.

"Did he try to save the cat then couldn't get down?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's scared of heights, but he wanted to help me so bad." The girl said.

I nodded and giggled, walking back over to the boys and writing down the report. As we finished the job, we got called to another location. We did our work as the boys stood with Bobby, watching and giggling at silly people doing stuff to help. As the work continued, we finally got back to the firehouse for lunch. We all sat down together as Bobby put everything out on the table. Everyone ate and then went on their way. As we all either start cleaning or loading the engine or checking everything off our lists. Eddie and Buck were playing with the boys, showing them how they had fun on a boring day. Hen and I were loading and checking the ambulance when Bobby got a call for just Hen and I. We both looked confused but got in the ambulance anyway, Hen driving to the location. As we arrived, Hen pulled over to the park as I jumped out the slightly moving vehicle. I ran towards the collapsed body, I checked for a pulse and found one. I sighed in relief and got them stable to transport. I saw another ambulance as the other paramedics helped Hen. I walked over to the over ambulance and helped the man they had pined to the backboard. Michelle grabbed me and pulled me away from him.

"This is my scene. You paramedics firefighters can leave now." She said rudely, not looking at me.

"Ma'am this is the LAFD paramedics scene. We are taking care of this man whether you like it or not." I said blankly as I went back to help the man.

Michelle rolled her eyes as I got to work on stopping the blood vessel from completely breaking. I put a glove on and stuck my hand inside his body to find the vessel. I found the vessel and pinched the cut-off with my fingers.

"Can someone hand me a clamp, please?" I asked loudly.

I felt someone hand me a clamp as I looked at it and clamped the vessel at where my fingers were. I sat back as I pulled my hand out, watching his heartrate stay steady. I got out of the ambulance as they closed the door and hit the side with the cue to go ahead and leave. I looked at the lady who looked exactly like Michelle from behind.

"What is your name, Ma'am?" I asked, tapping her shoulder.

"Michelle Blake." She said, turning around.

"What station are you with?" I asked, looking down, noting down the name.

"I'm now a part of the 136 station." She said.

I wrote it down and looked up towards her. "Michelle Blake.. oh my, it is you." I said, shaking my head.

"Kacey Buckley?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes ma'am, one of the best paramedics of the 118 and u.s. army medics out there." I said with a nod.

She chuckled with a nod as she left with her crew. Hen and I left going back to the station. I shook my head as I laid back on the couch in the living area of our firehouse. I closed my eyes, relaxing remembering the memories with her. Bobby, Buck, and Eddie had allowed the boys to take naps in the bunks. I fell asleep on the couch without even realizing it. Some time passed as it was time to get off, and I was awake and getting changed, so Eddie, Chris, Jack, and I could get home and have dinner. I also needed to start packing for vacation. I had started planning for vacation down to Texas. I thought about asking Eddie to come, I just needed the courage to ask. I wanted Jack to see his dad and grandparents along with his aunt and uncle. Having Eddie come with us was a great opportunity for him to meet Judd, Gracey, and Dad. As we finished changing and went home. Jack and Chris went to go play in Jack's room. I sat on the counter and watched Eddie cook dinner.

"I have a question for you." I said.

"Oh yeah, ask away." He said.

"Will you and Chris go on vacation with us to Texas next week?" I asked nervously.

"Of course, baby. I wanted to meet your friends from before I met you." He said, walking over to me.

I smiled and hugged him. He smiled and softly kissed my neck as he turned back around to finish dinner. As he finished dinner, the boys came in and ate after they finished. They went back to playing. Eddie and I finished eating and decided to start a movie. We laid on each other on the couch as we watched our movie cuddling. Soon enough, I fell asleep on Eddie as the boys had fallen asleep on the floor of Jack's room.