𝟬𝟭𝟳, the real behind the fake

Start from the beginning

Eden shook her head, remarking, "This game is all luck. Loser, winner, all card draw." JJ shrugged before seeing her place her last but one card, muttering with certainty of winning, "UNO."

The blond frowned while the Routledge boy looked back at Eden, to whom he smirked. Then he placed a pass, giving Eden the chance to play again. Before JJ could speak, Eden laid down her last card, raising her arms in the air.

"Wh— What?! No, no, no. I saw you, guys! I saw you." Eden simply shrugged, a neutral face as John B looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

          Pope sent them questioning eyes, blinking his eyelashes slowly. JJ suddenly threw his cards in the air, throwing his arms up in defeat. The Heyward boy patted his shoulder, a smile to comfort him.

          "Don't worry, bro. You're gonna get it next time," he said before placing his eyes on the two best friends smirking. "if they don't cheat again."

          Eden placed her hand over her heart, opening her mouth to grumble, "How dare you, Pope? We're innocent!"

          Nodding, John B added, "Totally!"

JJ started rambling about how this game was shit while Pope listened to him talk without trying to calm him down. Eden and John B took the opportunity to concentrate on the film, sharing the bowl of Popcorn between them.

What if it was awkward between them because of their fake relationship? A little, but the two had learned to separate their game and their real friendship when no one was around them. That was for Eden. She almost didn't care because. . . Well, it was John B. Her best friend, nothing could be awkward or uncomfortable when it came to her friendship with him.

For John B, it was a completely different matter. Was he okay with this idea of ​​a false relationship to scare away a Kook who has been harassing Eden, who has been going on for three months? Not really. But when he saw her trying to get away one day from Rafe Cameron who wanted to kiss her, John B knew he had to accept. Because no one could ever touch her again like that idiot did.

After asking Eden for a list of rules to follow so that nothing comes between their friendship, he finally accepted. Three simple little rules, 1) never kiss, 2) don't forget it's a game, 3) don't fall in love. Especially the third was important, for John B it was the center of this game. Eden had already made him read a book where there was a best friends to lovers, and it scared the hell out of him. Not that John B never had a thing for Eden Winslow, everyone had a thing for her. But that was the fact. . . Well, it was her. The girl he had known for too long, who knew all his secrets, who comforted him when things were bad. The fear of losing everything he cared for haunted him.

          If he had to erase it from his life, he would do it. He would erase every moment that allowed him to get closer and closer to Eden, not as a friend, but as a guy who starts to have feelings. Because that's exactly what was happening. Was he afraid? Yes, very scared. But he liked her, and not as a friend.

          "Hey," Eden called out to him, pulling him out of his thoughts. John B turned to her, following her gaze to JJ who was sleeping on Pope's shoulder. "And then they say they're completely straight." John B smiled, staring at them as she did.

          "You should sleep too. Tomorrow we're going fishing and I don't think you'll be able to stand up if you don't fall asleep right away." He explained as he grabbed a blanket and placed it over her body.