𝟬𝟭𝟰, lonely in her white dress

Start from the beginning

Even being surrounded by a hundred people who spoke and danced softly, Eden did not feel welcomed and especially not loved. In fact, she felt lonely. She didn't belong to this world, the people here were what Eden wanted escaped. But there she was, drinking her cocktail, and letting her head bob slowly to the rhythm of the music.

          1 hour. . .

Eden was now surrounded by Drea and Josie talking about how Caden was now ignoring Josie, while on the right, Topper was complaining about how distant Sarah was from him these days. She rolled her eyes, just before they fell on the Cameron family who finally made their entrance after an hour of waiting. Ward Cameron had been named Guardian of Knights of. . . Well, something like that. And next, there was Rose who was surely nominated to be the Statue of Liberty by seeing all her spikes on her head. Sarah walked in with Wheezie's hand in hers, to which Eden smiled and waved. And then, there was Rafe in his pastel blue suit who still smirked, but with a clenched jaw. Eden lowered her head towards her hands, where the necklace was. She promised herself yesterday to give him back, she didn't want anything from him anymore.

She stood up suddenly, seeing Sarah come running towards her, holding her dress so she wouldn't walk on it. "My God. You look amazing, Ed'." The blonde confessed, taking Eden by the shoulders before turning her around a bit.

Eden smiled, then it was up to her to scrutinize Sarah from head to toe. "You are beautiful."

          The girls didn't even have time to say more than Topper came up to Sarah in his beige suit and dark blue tie. Eden looked at him from top to bottom, seeing him put his hand on Sarah's arm. "Hey, Sarah. I waited on you. Can— Can we talk for a sec?" Sarah sent sorry eyes to Eden, to which she told her to go.

          She watched them leave, then her eyes fell on a duo in the distance that she knew very well. Pope and Kiara smiling and talking about everything. Pope was in a gray shirt with white stripes, with gray pants, like his father who was in the process of blowing the smoke that came out of the bbqs. A brown apron was thus placed on him, avoiding soiling his clothes. Eden had already seen this combination dozens of times, each time she came secretly to Midsummers.

          Then next was Kiara Carrera in a purple satin dress that fell to her ankle. Her hair was tied in a tight bun while a few strands of frizzy hair fell on either side of her face. A purple floral crown was on her skull, showing her Kook mode that she would have liked hidden and never shown. Eden couldn't lie, she was absolutely radiant.

          "Ow! Bro, don't touch me." Noah complained, nudging Kelce's hand as he was undoing his hairstyle. "It took me forty minutes to do that."

          Kelce sighed, "Eden, talk to your brother. He's disheartening."

          "Not as disheartening as you finding no girls to accompany you tonight. That is disheartening." She said, shrugging. Kelce flicked a middle finger at her. She only rolled her eyes, then when she was about to go back to her seat, Noah grabbed her arm. "What's going on?"

          Pursing his lips, Noah hummed, "Mom wants us to talk with the Camerons. The two families together, some shit like that. " She groaned inside her, shaking her head. "Hey. . . Maybe you can work things out with Rafe."

No. She had put an end to that, out of the question that she wanted to fall back into those hands and let him continue to play with her like a toy that you buy and then throw away two weeks later. Eden was tired of being treated like shit, she wanted to be important. Not just being someone who comes and goes without even knowing why she was there in the first place. Eden no longer wanted to be the second choice, or the third. If she wanted to be the first choice for a boy, she was going to be.