𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"This nigga must think I'm thirsty." I mumble, pulling the phone away from my ear to hang up but he picked up right before I got the chance to.

"Hello?" His groggy voice sounded through the phone.

"Khi? Are you sleep?"

"What it sound like?"

Rolling my eyes, I decide not to match his attitude. He wasn't a morning person, so I tried to excuse it.

"I hate fighting with you. You know you're all I have."

"No I ain't. You got Tee." He replies instantly. "Shit, you got Amaru."

"It isn't the same and you know it. I have them but you're the only person in this life I really have. The only person I can count on. It sucks when we fight because when stuff happens I have no one to talk to."

"You should've never mentioned the chlamydia shit, Phat. It was fucked up."

I sigh. "I know. I wasn't expecting you to bring up the pregnancy, though. I told you that because I trusted you. It was really ignorant to tell Tee. I mentioned the chlamydia because it wasn't a secret. If you were hiding that from him I'd never mention it."

"The situation wasn't that deep for you to bring it up anyway."

"You slut-shamed me when all I was doing was trying to help you out when it came to our conversation. You got mad at me first. I just wanted to help."

"And I'm sorry for that. I am. Even sorrier for mentioning the pregnancy."

I smile a bit. "And I'm sorry for bringing up the chlamydia."

"All good. Where you at?"

"With Amaru."

"I know his mom hates you, yo' ass always there."

"Chill." I laugh. "I'm not staying long. I'll let you know when I'm on the way home."

"Alright." He says, hanging up.

I get off of the bed and make sure I have my phone before walking out of Amaru's room. I head to the bathroom and go inside, closing the door behind me.

I use the bathroom, wash my hands and grab a spare toothbrush to brush my teeth before placing a cap over it and sitting it next to Mari's brush.

Walking out of the bathroom, I jumped a little, Cameron's presence startling me.

"I ain't know you was here," He says groggily, rubbing his hands over his waves. He must've just woken up, because he had the same look Amaru has when he first wakes up.

"Yeah." I keep it short.

"Your boyfriend is my brother. At one point you'll have to stop being so hostile."

"You feel a sense of loyalty for your brother?" I ask.

His eyebrows furrowed, he was clearly confused by the randomness of the question. "What?"

"Mekhi is my brother. My loyalty goes to him. What you did with Saida really hurt him, so I won't stop being hostile."

He kisses his teeth. "Really? That shit is so old and neither one of them care anymore."

"I don't care how old it is. That's still my brother and he still doesn't like you, so neither do I."

"You got a mind of your own." He places his hand on my cheek, making me smack his hand away immediately.

"You're pathetic," I say with attitude. "I'm your brothers girlfriend, and I happen to be out of my mind in love with him, so you look stupid."

"You only sayin' that because y'all in the puppy dog stage right now. In a while you ain't gone be able to resist."