Ball 10. Ranting

Three days later..

Miyazono Kaori

"...we have to! That's the only way to save her life right now!"

"Can't you think more deeply?! We don't have all the expenses that we need!"

"Then what do you want us to do?! Just sit and wait until she's gone?!"

"What, do you have better ideas?!"

My parents continued to quarrel among each other while I tried to concentrate on my homework that was bound to be due tomorrow. But I couldn't and their voices just got louder and louder, echoing through the thin walls of our home, complete oblivious of the fact that I was just right above them, hearing them talk about me. Sighing irritably, I barged in through the kitchen, sick and tired of my parent's bickering, and yelled at the them at the top of my lungs.

"Can you please stop this?!!

"Kaori..?" My Mom and Dad sweat-dropped at the sight of me busting them.

"I'm tired of this, Mom, Dad," I shook my head in disapprovement. "I can't take this anymore." I chuckled pathetically when I felt angry tears slipping through my eyes, letting out all of the words I've been meaning to say to them out of my mouth. "I've had enough of the both of you treating me like I'm some fragile piece of glass that is bound to just fall right out of your hands anytime soon. I don't like making everyone think that I'm just some useless, pathetic, girl that can't even run a meter or two." I started to breathe rigidly, not caring one bit that I'm taking a harsh toll on myself, and continued my rant.

"I'm sick and tired of everyone treating me like a disabled person when they can clearly see that I'm standing in front of them, breathing normally and being perfectly fine, but sees me pitifully at my weak state. I'm sick and tired of the fact that I won't be able to live my the fullest, and just see everyone around me whose not physically weak do their everyday normal routine. And lastly," Tears fell from my puffy, red eyes as I spoke with an unfavorable smile. "I am sick and tired of living in this world."

My parents looked at me with shocked and concerned faces. I looked down and laughed lowly, letting my tears freely fall to the tiled floors of the kitchen. "God, just take me already.."

"Kaori.." Mom headed over to me and crouched to my level. "I.. I'm sorry.. But please don't say things like that. I'm sure that we-"

"Can work this together?" I interrupted her. "Mom, please, don't make me laugh more. You and Dad know that there won't be anything that you can do.. The Doctor said so."

Suddenly, Dad stepped in front of Mom and gritted his teeth, irritated of me. "Don't include the Doctor here and don't you dare talk to your Mom like that."

"Or what, Dad? You know that it's the truth," I looked up at him with my bloodshot eyes. "And I'm bound to rant at any of you anyway, so don't look at me like that as if you're not expecting it-"

Slap

My left cheek burned red from the harsh slap Dad has given me. My eyes widened at his action as I touched it and winced at how painful it was.

Dad glared at me for one last time before realizing what he had just done. "I-I'm sorry, Kaori, I just.. I'm sorry-"

"No." I faked a smile for him and ignored the pain as I did so. "I deserved it."

Mom pushed him out of her way. "Kaori, please, Dad didn't mean it. He's just.." Her voice trailed off in the end, unable to find the words she's meant to say.

"He just wanted to get some sense into me?" I backed away from the both of them, getting ready to run out of the house. "I am completely in sense, Mom."

I started to walk out of the house, quite thankful that my parents weren't restricting me. "This is why I'm sick and tired of this."

As soon as I stepped out of the house, heavy murky gray clouds started to form, blocking the once blue sky. When I heard Mom's voice calling after me, I quickly ran away as fast as my legs could go.

I had no place in mind where I could go to, even one of the Karasuno members. 'If I had just asked where Kiyoko lives..' I muttered in my head.

I've been running for about three hundred meters when my lungs and legs couldn't keep up anymore. Thanks to my rant earlier, my breathing just got worse where I could faint at any moment now.

'Ugh, no! Just a little more..!"

I spotted a playground where there was a shelter underneath the high slides, immediately rushing myself inside. At the same time, rain started to pour down heavily unto earth, forming puddles on ditches, streets and roads.

I sighed, thankful that I got here just in time. 'But how long will I have to stay here..?" I knew that at some point I will have to go back home.

Burying my face on my perched up legs, I eased my breathing slowly with short breaths until I was completely calm.

As time passes by, the downpour just keep getting heavier. Until..

"Kaori?"