32, surprise guests

Start from the beginning

"Amelia, what happened?" Logan stepped into the plane, trying to meet her eyes.

"why are you here?" She got out, finally turning to him.

"I'm helping Ward. We won't get in your way, we're leaving. We're getting you to Orinoco and we're leaving." He tried to assure her but she shook her head and moved to the top of the steps.

"no no Sarah, I don't think you understand. I don't know if I can get on a plane with that guy" John B shook his head and AJ knew she was entering into the middle of their conversation.

"Just listen John B, this is his plane. I can't stop him from leaving. but he will still give us a ride Orinoco, so if you don't want to get on the plane, I get it. We'll find another way" Sarah said.

"Okay, but there isn't another way. We don't have time. And believe me John B, I don't want to be in a plane with my mother's murderer either, but this is the only way to save your dad" AJ looked to her cousin and he sighed. The words sank in.

"Let's go." He breathed out. "Let's get on the plane. Come on, we're getting on the plane. We gotta go"

"With them?" Pope questioned.

"We don't have another choice," AJ said and he met her eyes.

"Just stick to the plan. Come on" Cleo nodded, stepping forward.

Rafe stepped out of the plane and his eyes met Pope's. The two stared at each other as he walked down the steps. As he began to pass, Pope placed a hand on his shoulder. "We're not done" He spoke.

"Don't let the devil tempt you" Cleo warned as they got on. AJ moved, picking a seat furthest from where Rafe had put Ward down and where Logan was sitting, across from Ward.

Ward stood and the girl tipped her head back as he made it to the steps. The urge to push him out and make the plane take off without him was almost too much to control.

She watched from the window, a small interaction between Rafe and Ward until shining lights caught her attention. The police lights lit up the tarmac.

"We gotta go" She shouted, looking outside at the father and son.

By the time Ward was back in the plane and they were taking off the cops were stopping and getting out of their vehicles. AJ let out a sigh as she looked at the ground, getting further away from them as they entered the clouds.

Sarah took a spot by her father, cleaning his wounds. AJ thought back to earlier when she referred to her as Doctor Cameron and tipped her head back. Pope sank into the seat next to her but she kept her eyes on the ceiling of the plane.

She felt a hand rest on top of hers and she took a breath in before turning her hand and closing it around his.

"John thank you. I know you won't believe it, but you have nothing to worry about from me. Not anymore. I'm just here to help you" AJ's jaw clenched at Ward's voice. His empty apology. The fact she didn't also receive one. She could feel Pope squeeze her hand.

"For what it's worth, I'm glad your father's alive" Ward spoke.

AJ knew the flight would be long. And she had planned to spend the majority of it catching up on some much-needed sleep. She rested against her seat, her eyes fluttering shut.

"hey," Pope's voice was soft, soothing. He rested his hand on her arm. She opened her eyes, finding him in the artificially lit cabin of the plane. He moved the armrest up before opening his arm so she could lean against his body. A smile ghosted the girl's lips before she moved closer.

His body was warm and it lulled her to sleep. The rhythmic feeling of his heartbeat and breaths like white noise to her. She drowned out the small conversations around them as she drifted off.