Hi, Hello?

The sunlight peaking through the slit in my window indicates that it is now a reasonable time to get out of bed, I've been awake for hours due to jetleg but I've given up on trying to force myself to go back to sleep. 

I grab my phone from my bedside table, 6:18am it reads on my lock screen. I mentally sigh as I get up and head toward the ensuite. I step into the hot shower and stand there for a few minutes before I actually wash my hair and do my skin care routine. 

I grab my town and wrap it around myself before quickly sending Brooke a text.

 Mae: Awake?

I didn't want to go to her room just incase but I get my answer very shortly after.

Brooke Cookie 🍪 : Yeah, have been for a while.
What time are we heading out?

 Mae: Not to sure, what time have 

you booked this tour for?

Brooke Cookie 🍪 : Oh right, 10am.

Mae: Well I'm definitely in need of a coffee first so be ready for 9.

I did natural make up and let my hair natural dry into waves. I head over to my suitcase and  I decided on light blue jeans, black boots, cream knitted sweater and a tanned long coat.

I spend the next couple hours doing small tasks, careful to not to wake anyone else. Unpacking, organising, the usual stuff. 

I open WhatsApp to see some notifications, mainly from the group chat with my best friends. It's only been 2 days but I already miss them, we literally spend everyday doing something together.

We're having general conversation talking about our plans for today, just how excited I was to go with Brooke. They know me well enough to know I was being sarcastic. Before I knew it, it was time to leave. I check my outfit one more time, grab my coat off the bed and head downstairs.

I pick up my purse, keys and a water bottle up before heading to the car with Brooke. 

"You owe me big time for today" I tease her as we pull of the drive way

"You never know, you might actually enjoy yourself"

"Righttt" I say dragging out the T "The last time I was in a school was 5 years ago when I graduated  and I never wanted to go back especially on a Saturday so I highly doubt that" 

We pull into the car park outside the school at 9:50, not bad time since the line at Starbucks was long I thought we were going to be late. We wait in the car until a few minutes before we are due to meet inside the main reception area. 

Brooke is walking ahead of me, I bend down and pick up a handful of snow and throw it at her back, I might has well have some fun whilst we are here. She turns around slowly after it thuds against her coat. 

"Oh you want to play that game" She has a smirk on her face. Oh No. She picks up two handfuls of snow before walking over to me, almost at a jogging rate. 

"Brooke, no. No. I only threw a little" I try to get away from her but it was icy and didn't want to slip. The next thing I know is my head was freezing and wet. I shoot her daggers whilst she is trying so hard not to fall over from laughing. "So not funny Brooke, now I'm going to be walking around wet" I try and act serious but couldn't help join her laughing.

We meet up inside with the person who will be showing us around, I can tell everyone is looking at me probably wondering why I come out with wet hair in this weather. I need to dry off before I get too cold. 

"Excuse me, please may I ask where the restroom is?" 

"Down the corridor, left then right and they will be on your right" He reply not looking up from his clipboard. I keep repeating the instructions in my head so I am able to remember my way back. Right then left, right then left.

I get to another corridor and I can't see any restrooms. I hear some talking coming from one of the rooms, probably a teacher doing some extra work. At least I can ask them as my hair was now dripping down my back make me feel even more cold. 

"Hello, sorry excuse me" I knock on the door and a few seconds later it opens revealing a young man standing there. Defiantly not old enough to be a teacher. He has perfectly curly hair and chiseled face. I am taken back by his looks, he was so handsome.

"I - Um - I" I struggled to get my words out, completely embarrassing myself. Pull it together Mae! "Hi" Wow fucking good one Mae

"Hello?" He replies almost as a question. great, he probably thinks I am some sort of freak.

"Sorry Hi, I was looking for the restroom but apparently I can't follow simple directions and got lost" He smiles with a slight relieved look on his face.

"no problem..." gesturing towards me "Mae" I fill in for him.

"Nice to meet you Mae, I'm Joshua" 

Joshua I repeat in my head, cute name for a cute boy.

" Well Joshua, I would be eternally grateful if you could direct me so I am able to fix this" I say pointing towards my head whilst smiling.

"Oh for sure, I'm was literally about to head to meet some people so I'll show you on the way. Let me just grab my bag" He runs to the other side of the room, slings it over one shoulder and walks back over to the door.