When they came back in, Jeremy looked more nervous than ever, and Penny...Penny looked peeved.

"I'm gonna be out for a bit," Jeremy finally declared after the awkward silence and left.

"What was that about?" I asked curiously.

"That idiot being nervous over nothing. It's not that serious, don't worry." She continued eating happily.

"Nervous? About what?"

"He's always a little nervous before a concert. But he's fine." She looked at me. "But you, we need to dress you up for tonight."

"Hm?"

"For his concert."

I frowned. "Why? I'm just watching it. Besides, Jeremy doesn't care what I wear. I'm basically in pajamas all day near him."

"Girl, you're gorgeous. And your bod?" She whistled. "Show off a little."

"I'm good." I grimace.

"If you say so." She checked her watch. "Concert in an hour, I'm gonna go get ready."

"I'll help you."

"Great."

We got there earlier, the guards letting us into the VIP section. We went backstage to meet with Jeremy and the band (which he didn't belong to, but just collaborated with).

Jeremy was wearing a black tuxedo, with a buttoned up gray and black striped dress shirt and a nearly tied tie. Any girl would swoon.

I had looked underdressed compared to everyone else in the room, but I didn't care. Blue jeans, t-shirt, me. Comfortable.

Jeremy walked right up to me, pulled me into his private dressing room, and immediately held my face between his palms. He had an overly intense look on his face, troubled.

"Geez, Jeremy. You're sweating." I wiped off some from his forehead. "Are you sure you're okay? You don't feel sick."

"I'm fine," he answered, a small smile appearing on his lips for the first time since that day.

"Okay," I smiled back, holding his hands still cupping my cheeks.

"Do you trust me?"

I blinked. He waited slowing for my answer.

"Of course I do."

He let out a breath of relief. "Okay. Just don't kill me."

I was bothered by his words for the whole concert. Penny was screaming hysterically, which I tagged along and did until my throat was dry and sore.

For his last song, Jeremy wore a simple t-shirt and pajama pants. The ones I gave him for Christmas three years ago, with reindeers and Santa Claus prints all over. I let out a little grin.

"I'm probably going to die tonight," he joked, his eyes landing right on mine.

Oh, fudge. Anyone could've seen this coming. I mouthed, "No."

He nodded, and mouthed, "Yes." And ignored me. I was going to kill him. I was going to punch him and then probably shoot him a couple times in the hand (which is one of the most sensitive places in your body, meaning it'll hurt a whole lot more than, say, leg) and then stab him and leave him to bleed.

But for now, I buried my face into my palms, waiting.

"This song is dedicated to my girlfriend," he announced. The crowd went berserk, "Jenn Miller."

Crying erupted from the audience, but Jeremy kept going. The cameras, reporters, all over were scanning the crowd, the vip section—for me. And judging from their loss of movement, they'd found me. I kept my face covered, but listened to his calm voice amongst the chaos.

It was beautiful, just piano and his voice, the last song I was going to hear.

Because I'm going to go to jail for murdering him. His fans are going to break in and kill me. My parents? Yeah, they're going to kill me.

Penny was busy laughing her head off, slapping my back a couple times and doubling over in her chair.

"I've gone to all Jeremy's concerts, but this has been the best one so far," she told me. "Now this is what I call a show."

"Jenn Miller," he called when he had finished his gut wrenching song. He began walking off the stage, over to our seat.

"I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him..."

He reached me. Penny's smile got real big, and she was laughing while chewing her popcorn, which she had requested as soon as he announced our relationship.

He reached down and pulled my hand away from my face, which I resisted, until he cooned lightly, "Jenn."

And I dropped my hand, giving up. This was going to happen sooner or later. "I'm seriously going to murder you for this," I mouthed, staring at his radiant face.

"I know," he mouthed back, leaned in, and kissed me.

"Talk about PDA. URGH, gross," Penny joked.

Jeremy was watching me, now stripped of all confidence he had at the concert. I sent a look to Penny, which she interpreted, and left the room.

I was angry, nervous, and right now, all I wanted to do was scream. "I'm in so much trouble, you know that?"

"Sorry," he told me, pulling me in by my hands. "I wanted to make it known. I didn't want it to be a secret."

"It's been like, what, a day?"

"Yeah."

I sighed. "It was bound to happen anyway." Something entered my mind. "We hadn't really made it official though, have we?"

"Until tonight," he added.

"So I'm your girlfriend."

"And I'm your boyfriend."

"This sounds cheesy. It's gross," I told him honestly.

"It is. But it's nice."

"Yeah, it's nice."

...

SORRY! THIS WAS A SUPER SHORT and disappointing UPDATE BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO GET THIS WEIRD ENGLAND THING OVER WITH.

NEXT CHAPTER: A MONTH LATER (as in in the story, not me posting it a month later).