"Nope," I replied, although my eyes were glued into his smile as well.

"Fine then," he rolled his eyes, mocking me. "I just won't ask."

We met halfway, lips molding together perfectly. And when we both let go, he whispered, "Mine."

"You missed the rehearsal, Jeremy," His manager scolded when we stepped into Penny's house.

"You didn't tell me you had a rehearsal today." I eyed him.

He just shrugged. "It wasn't as important."

I raised an eyebrow at him. I turned to his manager, asking with my eyes for a minute alone. He understood and left.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked Jeremy.

"No," he replied.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"It really doesn't seem like it," I countered.

"You sound like my mother," Jeremy mumbled. I took that in a bad way. Jeremy's mother wasn't exactly a ray of sunshine.

I scoff. "I sound patronizing because I care?"

"I never said you sounded patronizing," Jeremy said.

I scoffed again, but internally, I asked myself what the big deal was. "What else does your mother sound like?"

"Jenn," he warned.

"Sorry, but really. What else would you mean when you say I sound like your mother?"

He just let out a groan.

"Okay," I stopped him. "Why did you miss rehearsal?"

"Because I wanted to be with you," he replied, taking my hands into his. I melted. Then composed myself. It was half of the truth. I wanted the whole thing.

"You never miss one. You could've taken me with you. Something. But you never miss a rehearsal." I blinked at his silent state. He doesn't even want to tell me.

"Jeremy," his manager poked his head in with a sorry glance over my direction. "I reassembled the ticked off band. Three minutes."

He left the room again.

"I get that there are still things you don't want to tell me—"

"I do," he cut in. "I want to tell you."

"So, why won't you?"

"Because now's not the time." He then stepped closer, taking my hands into his. "Trust me."

I sighed. "Of course I do."

"Good. Now I'll get going." He slid his jacket on swiftly. "Penny wants to take you out on a tour today. She'll call you when she comes."

"Okay," I told him. "Have fun."

Penny came just seconds later, honking her horn obnoxiously, also giggling so loudly I could hear her even with the music on high. When I opened the door, Penny slipped her sunglasses down the bridge of her nose and stared up at me.