Chapter 30 - Homes

Start from the beginning

I posted a few photos to my instagram, of the trip.

Eva.valtersen22: best days spent with my favourite people xx

valtersen22: best days spent with my favourite people xx

beste dagene tilbrakt med mine favorittmennesker

ingrid_Engen: I LOVE U!!! JEG ELSKER DEG

wosoloverstan: so cute... love the group eshhh

unitedforever: no ona... I THINK WE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANSSSS :( 

ingridxmapi: @unitedforever we've known this for a while tho... just makes it feel more real

Ingrid and I soon traveled up to Trondheim, to spend a few days with family before meeting the team and heading into camp.

"Have you heard what Caroline's been saying?" Ingrid asked me, on the flight over. Mapi was asleep by the window, and as I like easy access to freedom, I always sit on the aisle. That means Ingrid always gets put in the middle but she never has minded. She likes to feel included.

"No, I have been pretty... offline, I guess," I answered.

"It hasn't been online. It has been going around the team a little. You can't tell anyone this but, apparently- remember when Hege kinda pushed Caroline out of the leadership group?"

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Well, obviously, Caroline wasn't too happy about it, and she hasn't been happy about a lot of other things Hege has been doing. She's kinda asking around about it."

"To us?" I asked.

"Yeah, she talked to me while the season was still in at Barca, and wanted to know my thoughts. I wasn't too helpful I don't think but-"

"I don't think I would be either," I replied.

"I just- I think we need to expect something will happen."

"To Hege?" I asked.

"No, to Caroline."

We arrived in Trondheim, and Ingrid took Mapi home, whereas I headed over to see my parents. Although I was happy to be in my family home again, I was more excited to see the fury, the four-legged puppy I hadn't seen in months.

"ELSKE!" I called, as I walked inside. I could hear the footsteps of my parents coming to the front, and the dog came rushing past them. She jumped up onto me, her legs going over my shoulders. "Oh my god, she's so big!"

"She's a retriever; they like to grow," Mamma exclaimed, coming over to me, her arms ready for a hug. But I couldn't.

Since ending things with Ona, my life had reverted back to how it was before. I hated touch even more than I once previously did, and although I could hug my parents mere months ago, the thought now hurts me. It repulses me.

"Sorry Mamma," I said, moving back, Elske still wrapped around my arms. "I can't." There was disappointment printed on her face. I saw it. With my own eyes. But she didn't say anything.

"Hallo Darling," Pappa soon said, walking over as well, but Mamma put her arm out to stop him.

"There's food in the kitchen," Mamma said, moving the conversation on and I was grateful to her for it.

Being in Trondheim, I always go back to my traditions. The security and the comfort I feel in my hometown.

The next morning, I walked to my comfort cafe, seeing Chris, my barrister, once more.

"EVA!" he exclaimed, quickly getting the cup to start my order. "If I had known you were back home, I would've prepared!" he checked his watch: 7:54. "You are right on time too."

"Just like clockwork!" I laughed.

I grabbed my coffee from him, before heading down to the fjord, taking the 54 steps to reach it. Or, wait, was it 51?

Or 52?

Shit. I couldn't remember.

Time to count it then.

I counted the steps to the fjord: 54.

Okay, good.

Just like I remembered it. Or thought I remembered it at least.

I sat at the bottom of the fjord, the water rushing alongside me. The beauty of this country never ceased to amaze me. The midnight sun (or close to it) meant I could live my entire summers outdoors, and that was what Nora and I used to it.

We were addicted to it.

The garden. The fjord. The forest. The lake.

The Norwegian summers were everything we lived for as children and the only thing that got us through the Norwegian winters.

Over the past few months, I didn't remember her as much as I wanted to. I didn't think of her constantly like I once did. She always lived in my mind, but somehow, and for some reason, my brain started to move away from mourning her.

I still did, and I knew I always would, but the newfound life I had been building for myself meant I nearly left her in the past.

But being here, where we grew up, reminded me that she would always hold that piece of my heart: the most important piece.

As I looked down at my phone, I saw what I had been dreading.

Fcbfemeni: Back home. Bentornada, Ona.

It was official. She was back at her home.

Maybe it was time I was back home at mine. 

note:

- GUYS THE PAST 24 HOURS HAVE BEEN A WHIRLWIND OF EMOTIONS. 

1. keira. i saw it happen. i was crying. i was sobbing at the stadium. it was horrible. but now, shes okay???? like what?? thank the lord jesus and mary. 

2.  tillies... WE DONT MENTION IT OKAY

3. I think that's it :) 

- oh I start uni again on Wednesday I think so like may be a lil irregular (just like normal)