Chapter 22 - 'Growth'

We spent a few more days in Trondheim together, before it was time to head back to Manchester to continue on with the season.

The day after New Year's, I was tagged in a funny post, which I grabbed Ona's attention for.

"Hey, Babe," I called out to Ona, as she was in the bathroom, brushing her teeth the morning of the 2nd.

"Yeah?"

"Listen to this," I soon said, "we were voted, by people, as the most consistent couple of 2022."

"Huh?" Ona replied.

"I was tagged on this post thing," I soon said, "and it was like the 2022 awards. It's so dumb, but we were the most consistent!"

"The most consistent couple?" Ona questioned.

"Yeah!"

"What were the other awards?" she asked.

"Most surprising, longest lasting, most awkward, cutest..."

"We didn't get the cutest?" Ona exclaimed.

"Unfortunately not."

"Read me out the awards," Ona asked.

"Ok. Beth Mead and Vivianne Miedema were voted as most surprising."

"That makes sense," Ona replied

"Longest lasting was Ruesha and Katie McCabe."

"Right..."

"Most PDA was Kristie Mewis and Sam Kerr."

"Again, that makes sense."

"Most active on social media was..." I started to say, before cutting myself off.

"Who?"

"Mila and... am I really so offline that I didn't even know they were together?"

"You don't go on too much," Ona replied, and I shrugged, knowing she was right.

"We got the most consistent... Caitlin Foord and Lia Walti got the: 'are we even sure they are together?' award." Ona chuckled with this one. "Mapi and Ingrid got the: 'how do we think they communicate' award."

"That's so funny."

"Oh wow..." I soon said, looking at who everyone voted as the cutest couple.

"What?"

"Cutest couple... well that's gone to them," I said, turning the phone around to show Ona.

"They are pretty adorable," Ona confirmed.

"Yeah, they are," I said, looking at the photo. "They really are." Ona finally came out of the bathroom, before gripping my face with her two hands.

"But," she soon said, "in my head, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, you and me... we're the cutest."

"That's so egotistical," I laughed.

"I don't care," Ona replied. "I love you."

"And I love you too," I replied. "But also, you have to admit, they are right."

"Who?"

"The people who voted on this. We are definitely the most consistent." Ona smiled at me, before kissing me. "Your breath smells like peppermint."

"Better than your morning breath," Ona retorted. I sighed at her, before pushing her off me, to go brush my teeth.

We left Trondheim a few days later, flying back to Manchester. I posted a few photos while we were up in the air.