After a while of searching and a minute left to get to class, I give up and hurry to art. My leg seems to be getting better because I make it there in time and with time to spare. I sit down next to Jeremy as he scribbles random things down onto his paper before turning it into the bin. I take my paper out and put it in, too. While the class starts making a rough sketch, the teacher is looking at and deciding whether or not our ideas are good enough or not. Well, it obviously isn't so both of us get called up.

"Kittens? Hotdogs?" Ms. April shakes her head. "Clearly you two, my best students, aren't taking this project seriously. Why don't you two stay after school and think about it with me?"

Which means yet another day of Jeremy having to take me home and me having to sit in his car while he tries to make conversation. I am absolutely overjoyed. We nod silently and sit back down, taking our sketchbooks out. The rest of the class have already decided on their things and began working. Sculptures, paintings, drawings and we're sitting here thinking. Not that I'm complaining or anything but I don't like being rock bottom in art.

"So, what are we going to do?" I ask. Jeremy shrugs.

"How about we make up a story about a pond that has a legend. To grant wishes and we used to go there and-"

"I can hear you," Ms. April's voice sings. I groan. This isn't going to work at all. I place my folded arms on the desk as a pillow and lay on it, my head facing away from Jeremy

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas. I tap my fingers impatiently. Come on, brain. "A cafe? Hot chocolate that makes you happy."

"Hot chocolate doesn't make me happy at all. It makes me warm," Jeremy replies dumbly. Seriously?! I don't want to have to think of anything else.

"Christmas!" I shout. "Presents and singing. I always smile on Christmas," I say. The ears of everyone around us perks up. Smile? Ice Queen?

"A group is already doing family Christmas time. Try again." Ms. April is certainly having fun with this for sure. Meanwhile my brain juices are drying out.

"We should just sleep and think about it after school instead," Jeremy says and yawns, stretching and falling asleep on his arms like I am.

...

"I can't stand our art project," I complain, sitting down at my usually spot. Jace joins our table, sitting next to Oliver of course. I could just flunk it right now and not even care but if I can't get through this, how can I even show mg parents I can pass art in college and as a career?

"Art? You're struggling in art? This is news, everybody!" Oliver says. "Seriosuly, though. What is it even about?"

"What makes you happy," Jeremy chimes in. "And that makes it obvious as to why it's difficult for Jenn, now isn't it?"

"Hey, you can't think of anything either so shut up." I am tired and annoyed and I want to sleep and Jeremy isn't making it any better.

"Use B.Q., not S.U." That was our eighth grade world history teacher's quote. She hated shut up and told everyone to use be quiet instead. I tell you, she almost gave me a B just because she hated the heck out of me. I almost punch him if it weren't for Henry's hand that blocked my fist from physically contacting Jeremy's face. It is worth millions after all.

I dig my fingers into my hair and groan. Fudge art. Let's just fail. Cool, awesome. Okay, NO, JENN. WAKE UP. This is art. If we can't pass senior year, we can't prove to our parents that we can get into art school. We need to do this to prove to them that we have talent-why am I talking to myself?!

"Aw, has our Jenn gone crazy?" Jeremy grins.

"I will punch you. After Henry is gone," I glare.