The cheers started pouring in and the knights got down from their cots and sat on their knees before me.

I felt the lump in my throat which made me cough, I covered my mouth and noticed the blood that stained my skin.

I wiped it off quickly as it would bring down their morale.

"Prepare for the next battle, the enemies would be expecting our side to be weaker now so, it's time to give them a good beating and show that Obelia is anything but weak!" I shouted making the deafening cheers resound the whole camp.

I quickly left the tent and rushed over to my tent feeling the pain in my chest after using the spell at such a large scale.

"Don't disturb me for a while." I spoke to the knights stationed outside my tent and went inside and fell on my knees as my body started to give in.

I coughed a little more and felt the searing pain in my chest, it was as if my heart was on fire.

"Dame!" I turned my head and noticed the mop of red before my vision started turning blurry.

"Dame!" I felt the strong pair of arms gripping my shoulders helping me up on the bed.

"I'll go fetch the Healer." He said and I gripped his wrist.

"I'm fine, don't call anyone." I said and he looked down at me with his dark ashy eyes narrowing.

"You're not well, Dame. That spell took a toll, didn't it? God, I've told you not to overdo it!" He started nagging me and I sighed.

"How would I face His Majesty if anything happened to you, Your Highness?!"

I chuckled bitterly as he said that.

"Don't be delusional, Paseton. Everyone here knows why His Majesty sent me here."

Paseton Robane, the Vice-Commander of the Imperial Knights was like a friend to me and also someone whom I could trust with closed eyes. He was a large man with deep red hair and ashy black eyes, he had broad shoulders and strong arms, to say, I had known him since he was a small boy with stick-like arms wouldn't be a lie. I had mentored him in sword-wielding alongside my brother so, I'd grown closer to him by default.

"Don't think that, Your Highness." He said as he sat down on the chair.

"His Majesty knows your potential which is why he entrusted you to take care of this war. He knows there's no other Magician swordsmaster in the entire Obelia. You're only 17 and you are the Commander of the Imperial Knights, isn't that enough to tell your potential, hm?"

If I believed his words, I'd start deluding myself too, so I never ponder much on his words.

He sighed as he noticed that I was zoning out.

"There was... something wrong with the injuries of the Knights, right?"

"Black magic." I answered.

"Pardon? But, isn't black magic usually associated with curses? You mean to say that our knights were cursed?"

"There's one more thing that is directly associated with the black magic, Paseton." I said as I turned and looked at him making his face go hard.