The Innocent Mistake - 13

Start from the beginning

"Let's race", he declared happily and she agreed though half heartedly. They launched it in the air and she became the winner.

"Yay!!!!", Little Sana jumped in joy. Sidharth picked up the two planes and crumpled it, which made her glare at him. Enraged by his behaviour, the little girl hit him multiple times.

"I don't want to play with you..", he cried and went away. Sana wept loudly until her father came and made an airplane which was even better than what Sidharth had made.

Sana played a while with the new airplane but it wasn't fun without Sidharth. The next day, she went up to Sidharth apologising and gave him the plane that father made.

Not wanting to show that his main happiness was for reconciling with her than the new airplane, he forgave her instantly

Sana was brought back from her flashback when the server placed her order on the table and left. Sidharth's eyes gave a glance at the delicious looking food before lowering his eyes and resuming to play with the tissue paper. He looked everywhere else than her plate. Sana tore the first piece and popped into her mouth.

 Sana tore the first piece and popped into her mouth

"It's too spicy, I can't eat this. You eat this. I want the one similar to that.", She said pushing the plate towards him and pointing at the golden brown dosa on another table which was rolled into a cone and looked like a party cap with pointed tip.

", She said pushing the plate towards him and pointing at the golden brown dosa on another table which was rolled into a cone and looked like a party cap with pointed tip

"Huh?", Sidharth looked into the direction her finger pointed.

"Hmm.. excuse me. Can you please get one similar to that?", Sidharth said pointing at the neighbouring table. The person eating it stared a Sidharth which made him grin sheepishly. The server nodded and left, while Sana tee-heed. Her teethers sounded soothing to his severed heart even though he couldn't look at her face as he followed her command of not looking at her face, ardently.

"Eat!", She ordered him strictly and he bent down towards his plate and ate the first bite. Staring into a blank space on the table, he was perplexed as it wasn't spicy at all. Nevertheless, he ate the remaining food quietly, while she sipped the mango lassi.

By the time her order arrived, Sidharth had already finished eating and gone to wash his hand.

"I will settle the bill and come", Sidharth said when she popped her last bite.

"Hmmm..", she hummed before leaving to wash her hand. When she returned, she saw him standing perplexed.

"What happened?", She asked.

"I went to pay the bill but the server said we were his Millionth customer, hence our bill charges has been waived.", Sidharth replied.

"Good on us.. Lets go!", She said plainly . He hummed and picked up the shopping bags and led her to the door. Sana smiled at the server and mouthed thanks unknown to Sidharth.

Sana took the shopping bags and told him to leave when they alighted at the bus stop near her home. Turning the key, she entered the house only to be met with Rajiv.

"Papa?", Sana was shocked as she didn't expect him home so early.

"Where were you?", Rajiv asked in a panicked tone cupping her face.

"I.. was out for shopping.", She stuttered.

Rajiv studied her carefully now and saw her hands were full of bags.

"You went shopping?", He asked puzzled

"Hmm..", Sana nodded.

"You were the one who swiped the card?", He inquired.

"Hmm..", she hummed yet again.

"Didn't I ask you to stay home. Why did you go out? What did you spend so much money on?", He asked.

"Aaa.. umm.. for baby..", Sana replied.

Her words had hardly fallen out of her mouth when she felt a stinging slap landing on her face. Her whole face heated up.

"I am working my ass off in office to keep this job and you are wasting my money? That too on that useless crap in your womb? And here, I was thinking someone broke into the house and stole the card. I had been getting messages on my phone every time you swiped the card.", Sana eyes silently oozed out tears, not just because her father raised his hand on her but spoke those bitter word for her baby.

He pulled her handbag and emptied the bag on the table. Scanning through contents, he picked up the debit card before slamming the main door and leaving home. Sana dragged herself to her room and occupied the space in the corner beside the bed and cried her eyes out.

__________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

It's 12am for me already. Too tired and sleepy hence short update. Sorry.🙏