The Idiot, and The Heir

PSYCH!

Ya'll thought this was the end!? TIS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

Lucius Malfoy stared at the book, which he had taken from the strange creature.

"Is this what you are looking for, Harry?"

The dark haired boy nodded, the knot of tension that had filled his gut since he had realized the theft easing at the sight.

"It is quite old." Mr Malfoy commented, clearly noting the date stamped on the front cover.

"It was my Grandmother's." Harry found himself inventing, "my aunt had no use for it, so she gave it to me."

He was unsure why he felt the need to lie about it. It was not as if he had purposely hidden it in his school book to steal it. He had simply not noticed it before he had already returned to Privet drive last week. 

Mr Malfoy gave no indication of seeing through the lie, as he held out the little diary to Harry, who took it back gratefully.

"Do not worry," Mr Malfoy assured him, "I will be sure to punish Dobby for this breach of hospitality. Rest assured it will not be happening again."

Harry nodded, feeling a little guilty that the house elf would be punished on his account. He had only wanted his book back, he did not want anyone to get hurt over it.

But he also understood that thieving was very bad, and the fact Dobby stole from a guest staying with the Malfoys would probably be both a huge embarrassment, and highly shameful.

So he resolved to keep the diary close at hand, and keep a close eye on his things, so this would not happen again. He really didn't want Dobby to be hurt because of him.

The next entry in my Bound by Soul series, 'The Idiot and The Heir' is up, but updates will depend on intrest, so you guys decide if the chapters are once weekly or not. 

And to those hankering for a second book long before this one was finished, I wanted it to be a surprise! Gosh darnit! I love surprising people! Especially with how enthusiastic the reception of this idea was. And how excited I am for it!

While waiting, consider checking out my 'GrayHarry' story, 'Power He Knows Not', which updates Wednesdays, and will take Harry from summer before third year to at least the school years end, we'll see.

I really hope everyone enjoyed this story, and I also hope to see y'all in the second year! 

Bakeku67 ♡