Chapter 05 - The Duel

Começar do início

Samuel returned to the Training Grounds, the empty green area where Flying classes were held. He found Samwise and Rowan practicing spells on the training dummies. Suddenly, Rowan turned around. "Samuel!" he cheered, "Did you learn anything new from Flitwick?"

"Yes, he taught me the spell of Expelliarmus," responded Samuel, "And I am now ready to teach it."

"The Disarming Charm?" questioned Rowan, "Nice! I told you Flitwick was great!"

"That's enough nerd talk," croaked Samwise.

"Hey," Samuel snapped, "Do you want our help or not?"

Samwise put his arms up in defence, "It was just a joke, relax! Now are you going to teach me the spell or not?"

Samuel scowled, but the continued to teach the spell. After all, he was his brother.

"Expelliarmus!" cast Samwise, after the training. Rowan, who had faced opposite to himself and opposed him, had his wand go flying. "Woah!"

"Good job!" congratulated Samuel, before remembering that he was his brother. "I mean... It was alright."

Samwise playfully rolled his eyes.

"Anyways," remarked Rowan, "I think that that's enough for now. Let's meet again in an hour, okay?"

"That's alright with me." Samwise chimed.

"Wait," Samuel paused, "We have Expelliarmus, an offensive attack."

"Yeah...?" Rowan asked, "What of it?"

"For our next few tactics we should find more variety - a creative advantage and a way of healing!" Samwise smiled.

Samuel was impressed with his brother. He usually never focused or was disinterested, which meant he was serious about the duel. "Exactly."

Samuel and Rowan had left for the Ravenclaw Common Room - an elegant and regal blue area filled with much light, decor, and a sense of intelligence. Samuel had noticed an older boy with a defined face and black hair swept to the side.

"Hold on," announced Rowan, "Isn't that Chester?"

"Chester?" Samuel asked.

"Chester Davies," Rowan explained, "He's our fifth year male Prefect. I wonder what he could be doing here at this time..."

And then, as if on cue, Chester turned to face the boys. He approached them and layed his arms on their shoulders. "Well if it isn't my favourite two first years, Samuel Sullivan and Rowan Khanna!"

"Y-you know us?!" stammered Rowan.

"Of course I do!" Chester chuckled, "You two are amazing! I've heard that you guys were trying to learn new Charms spells!"

"W-what?!" Samuel shook. Perhaps word got out that they were helping Samwise train for the duel.

"You don't have to act clueless!" Chester stated, "You were just trying to get ahead in class!"

"You misunderstand-" Rowan testified.

"Oh? You were doing it to personally better yourselves? Well then, my respect for the both of you had skyrocketed!"

"Actually-" Rowan announced, before getting cut off.

"Thank you," Samuel gazed at Chester in appreciation, before subtly putting his finger to his lips at Rowan to signify silence.

"Well then," Chester went on, "You didn't hear it from me, but there is a secret Ravenclaw duelling book hidden somewhere in the Artefact room, and if you guys are interested..."