The look on her face when she saw me was... odd. I couldn't pin point it but she quickly wiped away the look to a bright smile. Although.. this one felt.. forced.

I really wanted Gayatri to be innocent but.. she's kinda outing herself already.

She walks over to me and awkwardly hugs me.

"Y/n! What are uh.. what are you doing here..?" She still had that cheesy fake smile plastered on her face. At this point I had no doubt that she was with him again.

"Um- Gayatri..?" I tried desperately and failed to stop my voice from shaking slightly. This seemed to be a warning sign for her cuz her body tensed as she let go of the embrace.

"I uh-... we need to talk... maybe... maybe you'd like to go somewhere more... private..?" My heart beat against my chest and I could feel my hands getting clammy. I really hate confrontation.

I avoided eye contact with her. I just knew it would be 10x harder to talk about this looking in her eyes. I did glance up once or twice however, to be polite.

"Wouldn't you rather stay here..?" Her voice was getting pretty nervous as well and she sat down on the couch, "it's much more comfortable anyways." She chuckled but I could tell she was very uncomfortable. If she knew I knew, why wouldn't she want to be in private?

"Um- Gayatri.. I think it'd really be best if we talked in private." I urged but she pushed it away again.

"No thanks, I'm comfortable where I am." Her voice became more stern which only made me more nervous.

I hesitantly sat next to her on the couch and I took a deep breath. With each pound my heart made the more my voice shook.

"Um... Gayatri...." How in the world am I supposed to word this? In this moment, all I wanted was for a big black hole to open and swallow me up.

"...I haven't said anything... to anyone... but um..." I couldn't look at her. I just couldn't. I hated being the one who has to do this...

I took a deep breath and squeezed my eyes shut and dove in, "I saw a picture of you kissing another guy." I jumbled my words together and peeked up at her. Her face was frozen with shock but then as it sank in, her eyes watered and she stared to whimper. Soon it erupted into whaling and tears were streaming down her face.

I sat there not knowing how to respond, now the one that's frozen.

I felt a strange shuddering sensation, like a fight or flight, and this was definitely a flight feeling.

A second later her parents burst into the room. Her mom coddled her and her dad grabbed my shoulder and aggressively escorted me out.

Soon I was outside the house, the front door being slammed in my face.

I stood there processing the moment. I felt terrible. Like a mister in Gayatri life. And the worst part is I shouldn't have to feel like this. Gayatri cheated on Pav. The sweetest guy in the world. Multi-verse probably.

I dragged my feet as I walked back home. I felt so helpless. Hopeless. Should I tell Pav about Gayatri? The plan was to convince her to tell him but I didn't even get a chance. All because she was being stubborn and just had to talk in a public space.

I grumbled to myself as I shuffled into my house.

My Auntie said something as I passed but I didn't really hear her. My mind was too loud to focus on anything other than being frustrated and confused.

I just nodded hoping it was the right response and climbed up the stairs to my room, flopping on my bed.

A moment later there's a knock on my door and I mumble "come in," into my pillow.

I heard the door open and felt my Auntie sit on the edge of my bed.

"What's got you so blue hm?" She stroked my hair and her voice was as sweet as honey. This was exactly what I needed right now.

I sluggishly sat up and looked at her, letting all my emotions show through my face. I didn't need to hide anything from the woman. I'm so lucky she found me that day.

She grave a warm, reassuring smile and handed me a cup of tea and I broke. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I told her everything that's been happening, leaving out names and she listened the whole time. When I was done she cuffed my face and wiped my tears with her thumbs, kissing my forehead, pulling me into a warm embrace and I cried in her arms.

__________________________

IM BACK!!!! I am SO sorry you guys I got logged off and it took me forever to remember my password and when I first got this app I linked it to a fake email so the only way I could get in was guessing. 😭😭

I feel like this chapter is super bland so I apologize in advance buuuuut it was a very necessary one cuz now Pav and Gayatri relationship is falling apart and who else but his best friend to comfort him 🤷‍♀️😏

LIVE YOU GUYS and I promise to update WAYYYY sooner than it took for this one 🙏