Chapter 19- What A Night

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Oh, the previous owner." The waiter said and my face tensed immediately, a tear was about to come out. I missed talking with Donatella so much I broke my heart to not know where she was.

Rafe looked at me and saw a tear about to exit my eye, he squeezed my hand and looked at me with a reassuring look.

"Could you excuse us for a second please," he asked the waiter and he nodded and left, making his way to other customers.

"Rafe she's not here," I semi-sobbed. "Baby look behind you," he said with a smile and let go of my hand.

I was very confused but still turned around to see what he was talking about. I turned my head and saw Donatella sitting at the table behind ours, she was wearing a hat and sunglasses to look undercover.

"Donatella?" I squeal. "Colpevole," (Guilty) she says holding her arms in surrender. I stood up and ran to her hugging her tight. "Ciao amore, mi sei mancata tantissimo" (Hi love, I missed you so much) She says hugging me tight and placing a kiss to my head. "Anche tu. Non lavori più qui?" (Me too. You don't work here anymore?) I said hugging her back.

I wiped the tears off my face and turned my head to Rafe. He was taking a video of us and smiling, he was mainly looking at me and seeing him there smiling made me so happy.

"No quando siamo andati in banca rotta volevo andare in pensione, però ho deciso di rifondare il ristorante recentemente per venderlo. Ora non ci lavoro però ci vado spesso per assicurarmi che tengano i dettagli che ho aggiunto io personalmente," (No, when we went bankrupt I wanded to retire, but I decided to refound the restourant recently to sell it. Now I dont work here but I go here often to check that they keep the details I personally added to the restaurant) she said.

I was so surprised I glanced at Rafe and realised by his confused look that we were speaking Italian. I didn't realise to be honest and that made me chuckle. Donatella also noticed and switched to English.

"Your boyfriend here called me and asked if I wanted to meet with you guys today because he knows how close we are. You've got yourself a keeper honey," Donatella said and looked between me and Rafe.

My back was now facing him, we were both standing up, I was leaning on him and he had his arms around my waist. I turned around to him an looked at him. Oh my god how did I get so lucky?

This man went above and beyond to make me happy every single day. His gestures made me sure that he loved me, they reminded me why I loved him.

He was so giving and loving, he made me feel like the most special girl in the world.

Our story had evolved so fast, from hating eachother to admitting our feelings and getting together. All my life I thought of Rafe as such a unlikeable person and now I was his girlfriend.

I thought back to my current situation with the pogues and how I hated it. I knew Jj was sorry for the things he said, but being sorry doesn't mean you take the words back.

I knew he meant what he said, he just regretted saying his thoughts out loud. But he had no right to come and act like he understood the full situation.

He didn't understand it, he didn't know how much I loved Rafe, he didn't know how we got together, how he treated me. He didn't feel the sparks that I felt when Rafe touched me.

My whole life I waited for someone to make me feel like that, I never got what I wanted so I settled for things that weren't good enough for me.

Now I have everything I've ever wanted in love, I'm probably happier than ever.

I won't settle with Jj screwing it up for me. I just won't. I snapped back to reality when I got pulled away from Donatella.

"You two lovebirds enjoy your date, I've got my own to go to." She told us and I hugged her and we made plans to got out for coffee in about two weeks. We watched her leave the restaurant and I turned to look at Rafe.