rejected (part 1)

In the middle of the night, Newt couldn't ignore his feelings any longer. He found himself standing outside Thomas' hut, heart pounding in his chest. He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should go in, but his emotions got the best of him, and he gently pushed open the door.

Thomas stirred in his sleep, blinking groggily as he saw Newt standing there. "Newt? What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice still heavy with sleep.

"I couldn't sleep," Newt replied, trying to steady his nerves. "And I needed to talk to you."

Thomas sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Talk about what?" he asked, still slightly confused.

Newt took a deep breath, gathering his courage. "Tommy, I know you're confused about your feelings, but I can't hide mine anymore. I like you, Tommy. More than just a friend," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

Thomas stared at him, his mind racing. "Newt, I-," he stammered, feeling a mix of emotions. He had never expected this from Newt, and it left him feeling both flustered and unsure.

Without waiting for a response, Newt leaned in and kissed Thomas, pouring all his feelings into the brief moment. But Thomas pulled back, his eyes wide with shock.

"I'm not gay, Newt," Thomas said, his voice trembling. "I can't...I can't feel the same way."

Newt's heart sank, and he quickly backed away. "I'm sorry," he whispered, feeling hurt and rejected.

The next day, Newt couldn't bear to be around Thomas. He ignored him and kept his distance, the pain of Thomas' rejection still raw. Thomas tried to talk to him, to explain himself, but Newt wasn't ready to listen.

He spent his days working and avoiding Thomas, the hurt and confusion consuming him. It made him feel like a fool for ever letting himself believe that they could be more than friends.