chapter 17

Your POV

Today me, father and mother are going to the doctor. Father didn't take a bath because he's scared that the ribbon will fall off and that the blood will flow out. So mother didn't force him to take a bath. We were now walking to the doctor, I was holding father's arm while mother held his other arm. Some people stared but some just looked at the floor and minded their own business.

When we did reach the doctor, me and mother sat father down on a chair and walked over to the register. We asked for the doctor and the register asked us a few questions and we answered the questions. She then told us we could take a seat and the doctor will see us soon. Mother nodded her head and then me and her made our way back to father. I sat beside him and mother sat beside me.  We waited for what seems like forever but the doctor finally called us in. We got up and walked over to the doctors office.

"Hello, sorry for the wait, so tell me what seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked my mother and me. I continued to hold father while mother sat on the chair.

"Well, my husband was in an accident and his throat was cut but he luckily closed it before he could bleed out." My mother spoke and the doctor looked at her shocked and then looked at my father.

"That's quite a surprise he's still alive, no one survives being cut by the throat. Well he's rather the lucky fellow." Said the doctor quickly getting up and walked over to me and father.

He examined father and he told him he could sit on the bed. Father did as the doctor said and the doctor started to examine him further. He then got out a few bandages, stitches and a needle. He then started to remove the ribbon that was on father's neck. The wound has sealed a bit so the doctor had to be careful. He grabbed the stitches and needle. He then slowly but surely started to seal the cut further. I looked away in disgust. I wasn't used to such things. Mother didn't look away she just stared as the doctor did his work. After a while the doctor was finally done. He then walked away from father and he took off his bloody gloves. He then started to talk with mother. He said that father will be fine and it'll heal in a month or so. I then heard my mother ask.

"Well he be able to speak?" My mother asked, her tone sounded worried and concerned.

"Oh, yes, yes, he'll be able to speak." The doctor said, his tone sounded unsure but also sure.

My mother nodded and she looked at father, who slowly got up off the bed. It must've hurt, I mean obviously it hurt. I walked over to father and grabbed his arm so he doesn't fall. Mother then got up from her chair and she looked at me and father. We then made our way out the doctors office. We said goodbye to the doctor and he said goodbye as well. We then went back to the register and paid her. We then made our way out the hospital.

Time-skip.

We were back home and father was tired so mother decided to help him in bed and watch him to make sure nothing bad happened. While I was in my room I was sitting on my bed, Andrei lying beside and I was reading a book. I'm almost done reading the book. Just a few more chapters. I was very close to the end but a knock on the front door stopped my reading.

"Y/n, could you please go and see who it is!?" Asked my mother which made me sigh softly.

I got up from my bed and placed my book down. I then got off of my bed, Andrei following close behind and walked out my room and walked over to the front door. When I got to the handle I opened it and I saw, John. I was shocked because how did he know where I live?