𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

THE SULLY FAMILY was in trouble once again as Tonowari led Tsireya, Aonung, Neteyam, and Lo'ak into the Mauri.

"You allowed this." Ronal said, looking at her own two children in annoyance. "You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" She points to Lo'ak. Tonowari now steps forward, causing Tsireya to inhale sharply.

"Tsireya. You disappoint me, daughter." He tells the girl he is clearly disappointed in her. By now, Jake, Neytiri, and Ilyana had arrived, watching as the chaos unfolded.

"And you," He says, referring to Lo'ak. "Son of a great warrior who has been taught better."

"Payakan saved my life, sir. You don't know him."

"No, Lo'ak." Tsireya warns him.

"Sit." Tonowari orders the group.

"Sit down!" He shouts to the rest of the group as Ilyana kneels beside her mother. "Hear my words, boy. In the days of the First Songs, tulkun fought amongst themselves for territory and for revenge. But they came to believe that killing, no matter how justified, only brought more killing. So all killing was forbidden. This is the Tulkun Way. Payakan is a killer, so he is an outcast." Tonowari explains to the children.

"I'm sorry, sir. But you're wrong."

"Lo'ak." Neytiri scolds him from behind, her face decorated with a disappointed look. "You speak to Olo'eyktan!"

"I know what I—" Lo'ak begins to speak but is cut off by Jake.

"That's enough."

Tsireya shakes her head at the boy, hoping he doesn't speak another word, but he does anyway.

"I know what I know." He tells Tonowari, earning a snarl from Ronal, who stood behind Tonowari.

"That's enough. I'll deal with this one." Jake repeats before grabbing Lo'ak's arm and walking off.

After the disagreement that happened hours prior, Ilyana tried her best to look for Loak, but she couldn't find him at all.

To use up her time, she sat in the Mauri making bracelets with Tuk, waiting for Lo'ak to return.

"Tuk, what beads do you want?" Ilyana asks the youngster, giving her a selection that lies in front of her.

"The purple ones." She says it without hesitation, pointing at it.

"Okay." Ilyana chuckles before picking out all the purple beads from the basket.

"Yana?" Tuk calls as Ilyana hums in response.

"Will the sky people come back?" The youngest Sully girl asked her sister with hurt eyes. She recalled overhearing her parents conversation earlier regarding the issue but thought it'd be better not to panic the girl.

Ilyana sighs "No, what makes you think that?"

"I don't know." Tuk admits watching as Ilyana placed her beads in front of her.

"Even if they do come back, I'll protect you." Ilyana replies, smiling at her sister before playfully tickling her.

Neteyam approaches the Mauri entrance in a rush.

"Yana, you might want to see this." He states he is calling her attention. She grabs Tuk's beads, placing them into a small pouch and placing them on the shelf.

"Tuk, we'll finish these later. Just remember where the beads are." She advises as Tuk nods. Ilyana extends her hand for Tuk to take as they both leave the Mauri hand in hand.

Once they arrive at the scene, Ronal is shouting at Jake.

"My Spirit Sister and her baby have been murdered by the Sky People!" Ronal announces it to the crowd.

"This war has come to us." Tonowari warns his people. "We knew about this hunting of our tulkun people. But it was over the horizon, far away. Now it is here!"

Tuk's grip on Ilyana's hand had tightened as the Metkayina snarled at their father.

"Sh, Tuk." She tried to comfort him.

"No, you don't. You've got to understand how the Sky People think. They don't care about the Great Balance." Jake tried to speak.

"We don't answer to the Sky People!" Tonnes of Metkayina cheered at that statement.

"Listen. Listen to him." Neteyam tells the crowd, desperate for them to hear his father out.

"The Sky People are not going to stop. This is only the beginning. You've got to tell your tulkun to leave." Ilyana looked to Aonung, who had a disappointed look on his face as he glared at Ilyana as if it were her fault, to which she broke eye contact immediately. You've got to tell them to go far away!"

"Leave?" Ronal questions the man in disbelief. "You live among us, and you learn nothing!" She scoffs, disgusted by Jake's words.

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!"

"No, no, no. If you attack or fight, then they will destroy you! They will destroy everything that you love!" Jake negotiates, pointing towards Ronal's swollen stomach. "Hear my words!"

"Stay calm!" Neteyam tries to calm the crowd. "Listen to my father. He speaks the truth."

Jake runs over to Neteyam, grabbing the red tracker from his hands and holding it up in the air before preparing to speak again.

"You tell the tulkun that if they're hit by one of these, they're marked for death. And call for me. I'll silence it. Saving their lives—that's all that matters. Right? Saving your family

"Tell the tulkun." Tonowari speaks up.

"Go," Ronal advises as the villagers depart.

Ilyana and Neteyam watched as Lo'ak left, and both of them knew where he was going. Ilyana looked down at Tuk before speaking.

"Tuk, go with Kiri. I'll see you later. Okay?" She tells the girl as she nods her head, gripping Kiri's.

Neteyam and Ilyana then follow Lo'ak's tracks, making sure they get to him before he gets to Payakan.

HARLS speaks !

sorry for the short chapter !