chapter twenty seven. yapping

Start from the beginning

"Do you remember what you said?"

Jace opens his mouth, breathing heavily, "I'm ready to die." he quotes. "And I said, 'Sometimes it's as brave to live as it is to die'." Jace softens at the words, "It's true, it really is you."

When Hope steps through the portal, she ends up at the Jade Wolf going headfirst through the door

When Hope steps through the portal, she ends up at the Jade Wolf going headfirst through the door. "We need help!" Clary yells, the only people there were Luke and Simon.

"We found Valentine but he was already gone." Clary speaks as Hope puts Jace down in one of the booths. "Michael Wayland?" Luke frowns. "Back from the dead." Hope answers.

"I thought Valentine killed Jace's father." Simon says when Hope turns to him, "I'm glad Jace's daddy is alive too, now he can see his son die." Hope spits out as she makes Jace face her. "He needs blood. We have to go to the hotel Du'mort." Clary spoke as Simon grabs his jacket, ready to go.

"Hope, are you coming?" Clary asks the blonde girl while Luke tries to clean Jace's wound. Hope shakes her head, "I can't leave him. Be safe." she warns her friends as they nod.

"We'll be back." Clary and Simon are out the door as Jace comes to it, his eyes fluttering open. "Let's give them a minute alone." Luke turns to Hope, she doesn't move though not until he clears is throat. "I'll go."

They head into the kitchen and Hope immediately goes for the fridge. "Hey," she turns to him, pressing her lips together before she starts talking again, "You know I don't wanna be a hater." he scoffs.

"Since when?" he watches as she takes tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce from the fridge. "Since always, now help me to make some burgers while I tell you what I think." she flashes him a smile as he sighs. "We don't sell burgers here."

"We do now." she flashes out the door and when she's back she has a box of patties and a bag of buns in her hands. "You're getting a hang of this vampire thing. I'm glad you and Simon have each other." Luke starts up the stove as Hope cuts the tomatoes and cucumbers. "We sort of have each other alot, we're so alike it actually hurts." Hope smiles for herself.

"But I need your opinion on something else. Now, I'm gonna start yapping, tell me if I lose you." she starts taking out plates as Luke finishes the burgers. "So we're in another world, which is weird by itself but we go through this portal and it works like every other portal cause it takes you of a place you're thinking about. You still with me?" Hope asks as she starts putting the burgers together.

"It's not hard to keep up," Luke sits down at the table and Hope sits down next to him, suddenly very quiet. "The portal is supposed to take us to Valentine cause that's who Clary is thinking about but Valentine is nowhere in sight and guess who we find, Michael Wayland, this motherfucker is supposed to be dead and now he's alive and well and Valentine is nowhere in sight." as she speaks the door opens, it's Michael Wayland.

Hope freezes, wondering if he heard her. "Your friend brought the blood, he's fine now and he wants to see you." he looks at Hope and she gets up, sending Luke one glance as she takes one plate and walks into the back room of the Jade Wolf.

She finds him laying on a couch, playing with his steele with one hand. She sits down on a chair across from him. "You're looking better, no longer look like you're about to faint." she spread her legs, resting her elbows on her thighs as she hands him the plate.

"Now I don't have to hang on you anymore, I'm sure you're very relieved." he puts the plate to the side a she watches. "A little but I guess Alec was right the other day, I do like people needing me." Hope admits as Jace sits up, finally facing her.

"Alec is always right, no matter how hard we try to fight it." Jace smiles. "Yeah, uh, actually said something else the other day that might be right too." Hope clears her throat. "When I was in the other reality something confirmed it to me." Hope says and Jace nods, running one hand through his hair as she moves to sit down next to him.

"Do you remember anything from that realm?" she turns to him, her body facing his as he looks ahead. "I remember one thing." he turns to her as she starts tapping her leg. He rests his hand on her thigh to stop it when she slips her thigh onto his lap.

He looks down at it before turning to her. "I remember you-" before he can finish his train of thought, she leans in, her lips on his. The kiss is soft as his hand traces up her thigh as he pulls her onto his lap.

"You're not gonna bite me again." his breath is heavy on her lips as she laughs, pulling him in by his shirt, "I'm never going to hurt you again." she kisses him again, his kiss tastes metallic, hints of her blood are still lingering.

The deeper the kiss goes the heavier his breath becomes, the faster her hands go to his shirt. His hands fall on her hips while hers wander up his shirt until she presses him down onto his back. "Are you sure you want this?" her eyes flicker from his mouth to his eyes.

"I've always wanted you."