Chapter 27

"Well, that party was a blast." Heizou laughed as he threw himself onto a small beanbag hidden away in the corner.

"Yeah." Venti replied, sarcastically, as he sat on the bed, stretching out his leg.

"That's on you for dancing so recklessly with Bennett and Fischl." Xiao said.

"Hey, I was just dancing! It's not my fault Bennett tripped and decided to make me misstep and twist my ankle in that painful way." Venti said, hitting Xiao on the head with some small plushie of his.

"Move over and make some space for Kazu, Venti!" Heizou said, shoving Venti aside so Scaramouche could lay Kazuha's drunk, passed out ass on the bed.

"I bet he only drank one or two glasses of fruity cocktails." Venti said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm going to get an ice pack for you ankle." Xiao said, while Heizou laughed loudly.

Scaramouche had said nothing the entire time. Just quietly sat down at Venti's desk like earlier. He was still in shock.  He felt that he was still stuck in that small brief moment between him and Kazuha. He brushed his lips with the tips of his fingers lightly, still remembering the feel of Kazuha's on them. Just the thought of it made him blush lightly and he instantly looked away to avoid questions and teasing from the Venti and Heizou, who were in a talk of what they did at the party and, soon, Xiao came back, joining them.

Scaramouche didn't really do anything apart from a small conversation with Mona and stargazing. Probably the only eventful and worthwhile talk was him and Kazuha kissing but he obviously wouldn't mention it to the others. Not until he's cleared up his own head and messy feelings. He seriously couldn't think straight at this point. Maybe because he might not be straight at all at this point but whatever-

"So, what now?" Heizou asked, throwing himself onto the bed.

"My bed's crowded enough, fuck off." Venti said, shoving him away with his uninjured foot. "I don't know, we could watch some anime on my laptop?"

"Ehh, nah, we do that all the time." Heizou said.

"Than what do you suggest we do?" Venti muttered.

"Ooh, let's play some video games!" Heizou said, sitting up.

"Hm, what do we play?" Venti asked.

"Something we all can play easily."Heizou said, taking out his phone. "What games do you play, Scaramouche?"

"None." Scaramouche answered. He didn't have time for games. Hell, he didn't even have a phone. He couldn't afford one and his dad would never spend a mora on his children. 

"Ehhh? What sort of lame life are you living?" Heizou said, before being punched on the back of his head by Venti.

"Not everyone's so lifeless like you. Scaramouche's probably too busy to deal with other stuff instead of playing games all day." Venti said, glancing over at Scaramouche, who silently thanked him.

"I have a life!" Heizou said, shoving Venti, before turning back to his phone. "We could just play some weird mobile games together. What's a good one?"

Both Heizou and Venti immediately went into a talk over the video games, while Xiao just sat down next to Venti on the bed, resting his head against his shoulder, eyes closed. Scaramouche found himself imagining that as him and Kazuha and immediately wanted to punch himself. He shouldn't imagine such fantasies about his friend and senior! Goddammit, I'm sorry Kazuha. Scaramouche cursed himself in his head. 

"Ah, fuck it! We can't decide!" Heizou yelled, throwing his phone aside where it hit Kazuha on the head who woke with a start.

"Huh?! What happened?!" He exclaimed, sitting up.

"Well, that's one way to wake someone up." Venti said.

"We were all going to sleep so there was no point in you waking up now." Heizou said, flicking Kazuha's forehead.

"Ow..." Kazuha rubbed his forehead, wincing in pain, when he noticed Scaramouche. "Oh, hey, Scara! I think I remember the two of us talking, right?"

"Yeah, we were... Until you passed out." Scaramouche muttered. Of course he didn't remember the kiss. Should Scaramouche mention it? Maybe not now but some other time?

"Yeah, I found you literally lying on top of the poor kid." Heizou laughed. "You looked like a mess! How much did you drink? 2 glasses?"

"It wasn't that little!" Kazuha snapped, punching Heizou on the back of his head.

"OW! Why the hell are you all punching me on my head?!" Heizou yelled, rubbing his head.

"Maybe because you deserve it./!" Kazuha yelled, while Venti just said it with a small laugh.

Scaramouche let out a chuckle and everyone turned to look at him, in surprise.

"Er... what?" Scaramouche asked, his face just unconsciously becoming red.

"I think that's the first time we've ever heard you properly laugh." Xiao said.

Really?! And they're all that shocked over it?!

"So...?" Scaramouche said, feeling slightly defensive.

Venti just gazed at him as his mouth started to curl into a smile. He ran off the bed, throwing himself on to Scaramouche the minute his ankle gave way, arms wrapped around Scaramouche's head. The others also clambered off the bed and ran forward to throw themselves into the hug and soon they were all a tangled up mess of laughter with Scaramouche squished in the middle of it.

This felt nice... No words could describe the feeling of warmth and joy Scaramouche was feeling from this whole scene. Everyone just hugging him and laughing brightly, the way there seemed to be twinkle of pride and joy in Venti's eyes when he smiled at him... It felt amazing. Scaramouche loved all 4 of them. He never wanted to be away from their side from now on.

The day they met at the supermarket really was the kindest gift God had given him.