14

Song recommendations are:
Thru the screen by cold hart, YAWN.
Mary Magdalene by FKA twigs.
(Y/n's POV)

"We need a plan." Said Needy.
"I agree... for what?" Colin asked with a slight sarcastic tone in his voice.
"Jennifer. She will need to feed again soon, I think she will at the dance." Needy adjusted her glasses.
"What would you have us do? It's not as if we can stop her." Said Colin.
I looked at Needy. She had brought a posse of books on the supernatural, ones of which she had read entirely from cover to cover trying to figure out everything that had happened within the last few months.
"Why do you think she'll feed at the dance." I asked.
"It's like an all you can eat buffet." Needy replied.
Her eyes were widened and her voice sounded tired.
"If she's hungry she's weak. If we are going to do something now is the time to do it." I looked into Colin's eyes as I spoke.
"I can't do anything. I'm not a superhero." Colin's voice was hoarse and deep as he spoke.
"But we have to do something. We are the only people that know about this." Needy poked the coffee table with her right index finger at each word that came out of her mouth.
"I can't face her again." Colin's eyes became watery.
He held back his tears after a sniff.
"It's ok, you won't have to." I put my hand on his thigh reassuringly, and a small smile appeared on my face.
"What do you mean?" Colin replied.
"Well she's weak, two non supernatural people with weapons should be able to take her right?" I turned to look at Needy again.
"Well, all we need to do, to kill her for good is stab her in the heart." She said.
"Easy enough." I said with a small sigh.
I looked over at Colin, my hand still placed delicately on his lower thigh.
"Have you seen her? She has some sort of super strength! Even if she is weak, two human teenagers aren't gonna do shit!" Colin stood up and flashed away in a second.
"Did I see that right?!" Needy said, dumbfounded.
"He's a vampire what did you expect? Super slowness?" I then proceeded to follow Colin out of the room.

He had gone upstairs into my bedroom. I peered in to see his feet showing from under my bed. This was a new thing we both had started doing, hiding under my bed and staring up at the mattress. I slid in beside him. After a minute of laying in silence, I spoke.
"I know it's a bad idea, but what else can we do?"
Colin sighed. I could see in his face he had a lot to say, but couldn't place the words in coherent sentences.
"I..." he sighed again. "Fuck..."
His arm lifted up to his forehead.
"What?" I asked.
"I don't want to see her again. The only thing I dream about since that date, is her face, her jaw-" He choked as he mimicked Jennifer's jaw with his hand.
"Needy and I can do this. It's ok you won't have to see her. You can just stay here and wait."
"But you'll die! I know you will!" Tears began to run down the side of his face.
I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say 'I won't die I promise.' But my dad always told me to never make promises I couldn't keep.
I moved closer to him.
"I have to do something Colin."
Colin's arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer to him. He nuzzled his face into my shoulder.
"I'll do it... I'll help kill her." His voice was muffled.
"You don't have to."
His body felt so comfortable, and warm.
"Yes I do."

Two hours had past. Needy started drafting up a plan and Colin had five glasses of pigs blood. We had all decided to get Jennifer during the dance, to lure her away and get her while she least expects it. Needy left soon after we had constructed this plan. I had this feeling though, that something will happen, something will go wrong.

"I wonder if cows blood would give me more sustenance?" Colin questioned, as he stared at the empty glass he had held up in his hand.
"Maybe. I don't know if I can get cows blood though. The butchers already think I'm sketchy as fuck buying bags of pigs blood every week."  I replied.
Colin placed the glass on the counter and hopped off the bar stool he had been sitting on.
"I could always drain the cows nearby that moo all night." Colin said sarcastically.
He then swooped up next to me, at the kitchen sink.
I chuckled and turned at face him.
"I'd be doing everyone a favour they're fucking loud." Colin huffed out a laugh.
I smiled and leaned in towards his face. I placed a small kiss on his lips.
"Your lips are so soft." I instantly felt embarrassed. 'I didn't mean that out loud!'
Colin must have seen my bright red cheeks, because he smiled and replied with a kiss. His hand grabbed my jaw while his other supported my back. I pulled his neck closer and kissed him more passionately (✨🫦👹😭). After awhile we broke the kiss. Colin's hands stayed placed at my jaw and crook of my back.
"Your lips are softer." Said Colin.
I laughed.
"That's is the cringiest thing I have ever heard you say."
Colin chuckled, and we went to bed.