"Yes," Campbell nods slowly, not understanding her sympathy for this American woman who was close with their enemy. "I just hope you remember who else you are dealing with here. A man who cuts off ears and cuts out tongues."

     "I know what he is, sir."

     "The difficulty with undercover work, Grace, is to remember what you are."

     "I come here with good news and I get this." Grace snaps before walking to leave.

     "Grace." Campbell calls after her but she pays him no mind as she leaves the museum.

*

     Tommy sets his glass of whiskey on the bar-top. "Get another glass." He tells Charlotte who works behind the bar.

     Tommy opens the bottle of whiskey pouring some into his glass. Charlotte sets an identical one next to it that he moves to fill next. He grabs his glass raising it in the air, she does the same.

     "Can you make a toast?"

     "I'm Irish, American and French. I can make a million toast." Tommy nods at her.

"May we never go to hell but always be on our way."

     Tommy tilts his head as they clink their glasses together, each taking a drink after.

     "What are we celebrating?"

     Tommy unfolds a paper from his pocket. "A contract of employment." He sets it on the bar in between them.

     "Bookkeeper. Shelby Brothers Limited." Charlotte says with praise.

     "I don't like that word, 'limited.'" Tommy says as he turns to lean against the bar, placing a cigarette in between his lips.

     "To be respectable, you have to be limited." Charlotte reminds him.

     "Yeah," Tommy turns back to grab his matches, "that's what worries me." Charlotte smiles at his words.

     "Grace had the phone put in," she tells him. "It's in the back." She gestures towards the back as Tommy turns to face her.

     "If we knew someone else who had a phone, we could call them." Tommy jokes slightly as he sparks his match.

     "Well, since we're celebrating," Charlotte pauses to lean over and grab a bottle of Champagne. "I had this delivered from Rackhams department store." She sets the bottle on the bar as Tommy glances from her to the bottle before picking it up to look at.

     "Will you open it?" Tommy looks at her again.

     "No." He sets it in front of her. "Save it, for a special occasion." Charlotte nods as Tommy gets another paper out of his pocket.

     "Right, your first job for the company." Tommy points at the paper, "I want you to get that to my sister."

     "You still haven't seen her?" Charlotte asked surprised. The last she heard about Ada was that her and Freddie were in London and got back a few days ago.