"would you have really? because we haven't seen each other in ten years. would a day at the boardwalk have been enough to make you betray your mom?" connie says, scoffing loudly.

"listen, i know we don't know each other very well, but i-i wouldn't have sideswiped you like this." skye says, defending themselves.

"connie come on" steven says from beside me, once again trying to get conrad to calm down.

"what are we gonna do?" i hear belly ask.

conrad shakes his head and says "i don't know."

"we can't just leave ok" i exclaim to everyone "the house isn't sold yet."

"yeah, we still have a chance, even if it's slight" jere agrees with me.

skye agrees and says "yeah very slim, i mean full disclosure, mom's realtor is expecting multiple cash offers, all over asking no contingencies."

jere scoffs and says "thank you skye, for that bleak as fսck assessment. also, where are we going to sleep tonight?"

"i think there's some sleeping bags in the garage" i say.

"i'm not sleeping in this house" conrad admits.

belly shakes her head ok and says "ok well we don't have to then."

"ok well, hotels are usually all booked up around this time of year" jere says, looking at me.

i hear cam cameron clear his throat and say "i feel like i should go. and i'd totally invite you guys to come stay with me, but it's a pretty small place, so i'm sorry."

i shake my head and say "no, it's ok, it's not your fault."

cam gives me a sweet smile and shakes his head saying ok.

i hear steven shift from beside me. i look up at him and he furrows his eyebrows and then looks away.

what was that about?

"ok well, i have a place that we can crash at for tonight" jeremiah says.

we get our bags, that aunt julia left for us, and head to get into our cars.

i'm driving my car, and i'm following jere.

we pull up to the country club, and we all get out confused.

"are you sure about this man?" i hear steven ask.

we walk up to the front doors and jere pulls out a keycard.

"you kept that?" i ask, pointing to the card.

jere shakes his head and says "yeah, perks of not cleaning out your wallet" he continues "it's been closed for hours and there's never any night guards, so there's no one in here."

he puts his keycard up to the electronic lock, and it's beeps, signaling that it's not working.

"shit, it's not working" he exclaims.

he does it again, and it still doesn't work.

"not a great plan" skye says. we all look over at them and they continue "it's from avengers, rdj."