Chapter 5

The last chapter. This one's really long. It took me days of revising and planning and adding some information.

Lots of hesitation, too! Some details I find here are too lengthy, too unnecessary, to the point it took me days just to finish this long ass chapter.

But anyway! Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy this chapter because I did, even though this one was stressful to write! Once again, if you guys spotted some mistakes, feel free to comment!

BTW. I don't add a lot of warning tags. But um... as usual, expect that my stories are a bit... harsh on the heart, okay?

~~~

Year: 20XX

Location: Japan

Planet: Earth

When the two stepped out of the house, the first thing Michikatsu noticed was the sky.

The sky openly displayed the majestic colors of blue and white as it painted the heavens. A color that is quite rare to see on Mars since nature there is always covered with red and black colors. It spreads out above them, bestowing the world with its vibrant attributes as it lit up the environment in brightness. The sun is much closer, allowing this unfamiliar heat to seep into the older Michikatsu's body, and he doesn't know what to feel about it.

To Michikatsu, this is the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. So much so that he stands there just outside, basking, with his mouth gape open, staring at the blue sky with astonishment.

When the teenager realized that his other older self isn't following him, he turned around in confusion. "Hey! What are you standing there for?"

This snapped the man back to reality, blinking rapidly as if he could remove the shock. "Yeah, I'm coming."

He is slowly adapting to this world's strange balance or gravity, but regardless, the temperature here is very different. Mars used to be such a colder place, however, when the advancement of technology was able to make that planet manageable to live on, the temperature there turned cool. Oftentimes, it is cold since Mars from time to time overwhelms the well-made machine heaters planted in the area with its freezing temperature.

Unlike Earth though, it's like this planet is independent. It decides on its own. Earth is certainly uncontrollable.

Michikatsu learned a thing or two about this planet at school, and that is the various changes Earth can produce. Earth can change weather whenever it wants to, and this includes temperature. Mars can indeed change the weather on its own as well, however, it is now usually controlled by the supreme government. If the people wanted a summer hot day, then it will be granted. If they wanted rainfall, then the machines can provide it. It's just different on Earth because the concept of the seasons is not applied on Mars.

So, Michikatsu has every right to be surprised and be in awe at such a hot and humid atmosphere.

The mansion he resides in may technically make this happen, but this is too different and unique. Earth is producing its humid day, while Mars can't. The fact that Michikatsu is experiencing such a phenomenon is insane to him. This... is natural.

So, this is how it is before...

The younger Michikatsu scowled at the man. "If you linger there a bit longer, we'd get caught. He might wake up at any time!"

Sadly, he doesn't have the luxury to process everything or take in the magnificent world he is in at the moment. "I know. I'm sorry about that... It's just," the man released a sigh, "I've never seen a blue sky."