Beyond the Lights (part 2)

The next days noni attends her talent show , there's a girl seen tap dancing then it begins to be noni's turn . She gets up there & begins singing "why you wanna fly blackbird" & continues singing & after she finishes every applauds her amazing singing . Her mother calls her over after & gives her a hug , & says "oh you did so good" noni smiles . The judge begins picking the winner . "The second runner up .. erica Johnson" which was a girl who hula hooped . he congratulates her & gives her a trophy . "The first runner up is .. noni jean !!" he states . he gives her a trophy . Noni glances at her mother & can see she had a angry look on her face & her smile quickly fades . "This year's talent contest winner is .. LITTLE ALIYAH ANDERSON" he yells . Everyone begins clapping , & maci quickly jumps out her seat and damn near broke the chair & yelled & told noni to "COME ON NOW" & she got noni down . As her and her mother walk outside maci is talking shit about her "girl was a damn rhythmless idiot , see her counting steps ?" She asked noni . "HULA HOOPING IS BULLSHIT , IT'S BULLSHIT , IT'S BULLSHIT" maci screams as she pulls open the car door & damn near broke the handle off . Noni looks at her mom with tears in her eyes as she starts holding her trophy tightly , then her mom turns around & looks at her & says "chuck it , go on throw it" demands maci . "Why mommy?" Asked noni . "You wanna be a runner up , or you wanna be a winner?" Asked maci . Noni hesitantly threw it on the ground & it broke . She looks at her mom & she quickly gets in the car & so does noni .