Emma felt a sense of relief hearing the news about her mother's improved condition. She thanked the receptionist and proceeded to her mother's room. As she entered, she saw her mother resting peacefully. The sight brought a small smile to Emma's face, knowing that her mother was on the path to recovery.

She sat by her mother's bedside, holding her hand gently. "Hey, Mom," Emma whispered, her voice filled with love and concern. "I'm here. You're getting better, and that's all that matters." She felt a surge of emotions, grateful for the chance to be with her mother during this critical time.

As the day went on, Emma remained by her mother's side, periodically checking in with the nurses to ensure everything was going smoothly. She felt a mix of emotions - relief, worry, hope, and gratitude - as she witnessed her mother's steady progress.

Emma sat beside her mother's bed, engrossed in the pages of a novel she had brought along. As she turned the pages, her focus was momentarily interrupted by the sound of her phone ringing. She glanced at the screen to see Aliza's name flashing, but the poor signal in the hospital room made it difficult to hear her sister clearly.

Emma's brows furrowed as she tried to make sense of Aliza's voice on the other end of the call. The poor signal made it difficult to hear, and frustration gnawed at her. She stepped out of the hospital room, hoping to find a better reception.

As she walked down the corridor, her mind was still focused on her mother's well-being, but she couldn't help but wonder what Aliza wanted to tell her. She dialed Aliza's number again, hoping for a clearer connection this time.

"Hello? Aliza?" Emma said as the call finally connected, her voice filled with concern.

"Hey, Emma, can you hear me now?" Aliza's voice came through, sounding slightly relieved.

"Yes, the signal is better now. What's going on? Is everything okay?" Emma asked, her worry growing.

Aliza hesitated for a moment before speaking. "I just wanted to let you know that I've spoken to the doctor, and he said Mom is responding well to the treatment. It's a good sign, Emma."

Relief washed over Emma as she absorbed the news. "Thank goodness. That's such a relief to hear. Thank you for letting me know, Aliza."

"Of course, I know how much this means to you," Aliza replied softly.

"How are things at your end? Is everything okay with work?" Emma asked, trying to shift the focus away from her mother for a moment.

"Everything went smoothly, and the meeting was a success. However, I'm sorry for reaching out to you so late. Our car broke down, and it will take another hour or two to get it fixed. I just wanted to keep you informed," Aliza explained.

Emma smiled, relieved to hear that the meeting went well for Aliza. "That's great to hear, Aliza. I'm glad everything went smoothly. Don't worry about the car; take your time getting back. I'll be here with Mom, and I'll keep you updated if there's any change in her condition."

"Thanks, Emma. I'll be there as soon as I can. Take care of yourself and Mom," Aliza said, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"I will. Drive safely, okay? See you when you get here," Emma replied, feeling grateful for her sister's thoughtfulness.

As Emma made her way back to her room, she noticed a familiar face in the hospital corridor. It was St. Michael Lean, the chief professor psychiatrist of Hospital Interdisciplinario Psicoasistencial José Tiburcio Borda, who had previously urged her to join his team. He was engaged in conversation with a woman wearing a doctor's coat from the same hospital. Emma's curiosity got the better of her, and she decided to approach them and say hello.