Chapter 101: Shot

Adan

"I'm sorry, Don Cole, but the resort is currently closed," said one of Fletcher's guards, blocking my way.

But I didn't stop as I marched toward the front glass doors of the Eastern Canyon Resort.

"Don Cole, Don Fletcher isn't available at this time." The same man took a step back as he reached inside his suit coat.

"Out of my way!" I yelled at the guard, throwing him off the top of the stairs as I drew my weapons, one in each hand, trained on the other two.

One fired, hitting me in the shoulder, but I shot him square in the heart, sending him flying backward through the glass. Then I shot his partner, and he went over the top of the railing on the other side.

"Adan, you're going to attract the attention of the humans," Nikoa said under his breath, following me in as we stepped over the guard dead lying in a pile of glass.

"Ask me if I give a shit!" Inside, I shot two more men coming from the back room.

"Don Cole!" Another guard quickly held up his hands. "I'll tell Don Fletcher that you're here."

"No need." I shoved past him, and Nikoa banged the guard's head against a table, knocking him out cold. He'd live.

I barged into the back, and waiters, dressed in white shirts, and pants and bow ties, stood there, holding their hands up in surrender.

I pressed my weapon to the forehead of one. "Where is he?"

"Downstairs!" he replied, nodding toward the stairs, knowing exactly who I was asking about. "In the basement where the girls are!"

"Get Out," I yelled, already heading toward the stairs.

"Y-yes, sir!" he took off running toward the door along with the rest of the waitstaff.

I headed down the stairs, taking two at a time. When we neared the bottom, two guards were standing in front of the door and fired. I shot one in the head, causing him to fly backward, and Nikoa shot the other, killing him instantly.

I quickly reloaded and then barged through the door. Darius was standing toward the front, and Fetcher was holding Brenna in front of him as a meat shield.

"Adan, it's a trap!" Brenna yelled. "He's a wizard and Laura's here, too!"

Nodding once, my blood boiled as I trained my weapon at Fletcher. "I don't give a fuck what you are, Fletcher! Let. Her. Go!"

Fletcher smirked. "Adan, it was nothing personal."

Darius strolled around me, sizing me up, smiling as I ignored him. "I told you that she was going to pay. But I'm not going to kill her just yet. I'll let my men have my way with her, and then—"

I shot him right between the eyes, not waiting for him to finish, and he fell backward, cracking his head against the hard cement floor. Knowing a bullet to the head wouldn't kill him outright, I walked over to Darius, shoved my hand in his chest, and ripped out his heart. Then I turned toward Fletcher, a wicked smile lighting my lips as I let Darius' heart drop onto the floor beside him.

"Let her go, Fletcher," I said, walking toward him, "and you know that I don't like repeating myself."

"Ascendo!" Laura yelled, walking out from behind the far wall.

She raised her arms and I suddenly slammed into the ceiling but fired three shots off at her head, but she pushed her hands forward. The bullets stopped in mid-air. Laura snapped her fingers and they fell limply to the floor, a sinister smile lighting her lips. Laura lowered her hand but held the other up toward the wall. I glanced over, and Nikoa was pinned sideways against the wall, his feet off the ground, unable to reach his weapon lying on the floor.

Laura was more powerful than I thought.

"Now that I have your attention." Laura crossed the room to Brenna, still holding her arm up toward Nikoa. "Contra Parietem!" Then she breathed a sigh of relief as she lowered her arm, and Nikoa stayed pinned to the wall. "Now, that's better." She walked casually over to Brenna and ran a finger gently down the side of her cheek, smiling as she glanced back to me. "I'm glad you'll get to see each other... before you die. You never should have killed Dominic." She sighed, feigning boredom. "If you like, you and your Mate can die together."

"You first," I struggled to say.

Laura laughed as if it was the funniest thing she'd ever heard.

Fletcher chuckled. "Now, now, Laura. I'll give them both to you in just a moment."

"What the fuck are you doing, Fletcher?" I growled, unable to pry my hand from the ceiling, still holding my weapon. "All this time, I turned a blind eye toward your business—"

"Until recently." Fletcher sighed. "After you threatened to dissolve my... 'side business,' I knew I couldn't just let your threats go anymore."

"I assure you, every woman in this place will be taken to the hospital and set free after you're dead." I would have shrugged if I could have lifted my shoulder. "But all of your 'side businesses' are over now."

"No, not hardly." Fletcher moved to the chair and set Brenna on his lap. I looked closely and she was wearing a silver wristband. Fletcher grabbed her hair and pulled her head back as she struggled against his grasp, causing my blood to boil. "But after you're dead, I'm keeping Brenna as my mistress." Then he kissed her hard on the mouth, filling me with rage.

"Let her go!"

Just then, Brenna bit his lip and ran toward Laura, knocking her to the ground just as Fletcher fired a shot.

I fell from the ceiling and landed hard on the floor, and when I looked over, Brenna was lying across Laura with blood pouring from her back.

***

A/N: Whoa! What do you think will happen next? The story concludes in the next chapter, Chapter 102! Thanks for reading!