𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨

C/n: Child's Name

♛ 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ♛

     "Promise me, you'll never leave, not until the day we die," whispered the young girl to the young boy with dark hair and red eyes besides her. He was a kind hearted and innocent boy. He always wished the best for everyone, no exceptions. Therefore, the girl had fallen for him. She loved being around him as he made her feel safe and happy.

     "I'll never leave you. I promise to always be there for you, to take care of you, no matter what." He gave her a cheeky smile that made her heart skip a beat. "Same to you," she said as she rested her head on his shoulder.

     They both sat under the shade of a tree, far, high up on a hill, distant from the city. They stared into the distance as the light wind brushed against their skin. They sat in silence, savoring the special moment. They both loved and cared for each other deeply and could never imagine a world without each other.

— 15 years later, present time.

     "I won't be coming home today," Conrad said as he was getting ready to leave. You both moved in together, had gotten married, and had a lovely daughter. You were in the kitchen making a bottle for you 8 month old as you carried her. Hearing what your husband said, you turned to him slightly concerned and annoyed.

    "Again? It's like the third time this week."

     He didn't look up to you and continued to pack his papers into folders. As the wizard king he had a lot of paper work to take care of and other problems, "I know love, I'm sorry, but work's heavy."

     You sighed continuing what you were doing previously. "...just take care, okay?" You suspected he could be doing more than just working, something he shouldn't be doing. You had a feeling telling you something else was going on.

     "Don't worry about me," he assured, and without glancing up to you, he walked out.

     "..."

      It hurt you. You rarely had time to talk to him since he was never home. Ever since he was crowned wizard king four months ago, the  conversations between you to went from hour-long talks to simple words. According to him, he was always at the castle working, but for the last couple of weeks, it's been more than usual. He only came home to sleep once or twice a week and then he was out once again.

     But not only did his routine change, he, as a person changed as well. Ever since you meet him, when you were both 17, Conrad had always been humble, faithful, and caring. His personality was the reason you had fallen in love with him. Yet recently, he's like a whole different person; cold, smug, and self-centered. You didn't know who he was anymore.