Chapter 92: A Quick Learner

Brenna

Adan carried me to his bedroom, never breaking the kiss.

"Adan, stop," I breathed, needing a moment to process. No matter what was at stake, there was no way I wanted to be in a rush.

His head snapped up. "What's wrong?"

I bit my lower lip as I sat up in the bed. "Everything." I took a moment to collect my thoughts. "Here, we just lost Magenta, and I wish that my parents and my brother could have been here for our wedding—"

Adan pulled me to his chest and stroked my hair as he rested his head against mine. Then he pulled back and placed his finger under my chin, forcing my eyes to meet his. "Brenna, as long as we're here together in our suite, that's all that matters." A sexy smile lit his lips as he slid out of bed. Then he took my hand and led me into the living room. "Let's have some champagne. There's no rush."

"But what about Magenta and Willow? Conner Snow?" I scoffed, unable to believe what I was hearing. "Adan, it's a lot to process! When I claim you, I want it to be special—"

"And it will be." He ran his fingers down my arms, raising goosebumps over my skin, then took my hand and kissed it. "Sit on the sofa and get comfortable. I'll be right back."

I did as he said, feeling awkward. Although we had made love before, we hadn't claimed each other as Mates... until now. It just seemed different somehow.

He was back a moment later with two champagne flutes and a bottle of champagne. Then he poured each of us a glass and handed me one, then sat in the corner of the sofa, taking me in. "Brenna, I'm sorry I couldn't give you a big wedding. But after the Blood Moon is over—"

"Stop," I cut him off, drinking down my champagne in one go, and then set it down. Adan suppressed a smile as he refilled my glass. "Adan, I don't give a damn about a big wedding. I knew it wasn't possible, but I wished my family could be here. And Magenta—"

"Is okay now," he finished as he pulled me close. "Oh, Brenna, I'm sorry this has been so rushed today. I only wanted to protect you." He let out a deep breath. "I promise, we'll take care of everything after the Blood Moon. But not now. The next three days belong to us."

I took a drink, just a sip this time. The golden liquid was already working its magic and helping me to relax. "Did you know about Willow and Magenta?"

Adan shrugged. "I suspected, but they were very private about their love affair."

"It was much more than that." I bit my lower lip. "They're in love with each other."

"Yes, they are." Adan set down his champagne glass and leaned close. "Brenna, I need to claim you as my Mate now, and you need to do the same, or else you'll be subjected to the effects of the Blood Moon. Let's put everything else aside—"

"Adan, it's not that easy," I cut him off. "I can't switch gears that quickly. I need time to process."

He nodded, placing a kiss on my forehead. "It's okay. As long as we're together, that's all that matters. Look at it like this. We have the next three days together to do whatever we want. We can relax and take our time."

I nodded. "If only it were that easy. What if there's another attack?"

"And what if the sky falls, an asteroid hits the castle, and we're all gone tomorrow?" A delicate smile lit his lips as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "The mated Pack members are standing guard, and they will notify me immediately if something happens."

"But what if it's before we're Mated?" I knew I sounded ridiculous, but too much had happened in a short time. I'd gone through too much and needed time to process... which we didn't have. "Another she-wolf could claim you—"

"Brenna, darling." Adan looked deeply into my eyes. "I will always be your Mate, and you will always be mine. Even if I had to leave you this instant, nothing could sway me from claiming you as my Mate." He let out a deep breath. "When all of this settles down, I'll take you somewhere special for a proper honeymoon away from all of this." He waved his hand dismissively around us.

"I don't care about that." I bit my lower lip, wanting to word it correctly. "I just want everything to be special."

"And it is." Adan smiled as he watched me as he gazed into my eyes. "Now. Let's forget about everything else and concentrate on us." He gave me a sympathetic smile as he tilted his head to the side. "Can you do that? We'll deal with everything else after the Blood Moon. But Brenna, I won't lose you to another wolf, either. Yes, we're married. But until we are a Mated Pair, you are still vulnerable."

"And so are you." I sighed, understanding. "Okay. So, what do we do?"

He tilted his head to the side. "I have to bite you while we are making love and claim you as my Mate, and you must do the same to me. Then and only then will we be a Mated Pair, and you will become my Queen."

"The only thing I care about is being your wife and Mate." A smile lit my lips. "And I don't care about being Queen of this Pack either."

"Well, tough," Adan teased, then leaned in conspiratorially. "I'm afraid it's part of the gig."

I chuckled, already feeling much better. "Okay, then. Let's get this over with—"

"Gee... thanks." Adan laughed. "You really know how to make a man feel good."

"Oh, I'm sure I can make you feel good." I arched an eyebrow as a sly smile lit my lips. "After all, I'm a quick learner."

***

A/N: What do you think of the story? Leave a comment and let me know. :-)