Chapter 90: Forever

Adan

I hurried to shower and dressed in another tuxedo and combed my hair into place. Then I knocked on our adjoining door a moment later.

"Come in." When I opened the door, Brenna was dressed in another white gown, this one shimmering with sparkles and fitted at the waist, and then fell to the floor in a Mermaid-style, and her hair was still up, with tendrils falling gracefully over the curves of her neck.

"You look stunning." I took her hand and kissed it.

"You look pretty wonderful yourself." A smile lit her lips as she took both my hands. "Are you ready?"

I gave her a sexy grin. "For you? Always."

She took both my hands and then looked into my eyes. "Hold on tight." Then she yelled, "Traiceret, Nikoa Blaise!"

Suddenly, we were moving without being moved through the Space-Time Continuum through a transparent tunnel as dark matter and stars rushed past. Then a bright light surrounded us, and we were standing in front of Nikoa.

"Whoa!" he yelled, jumping back. "You could have warned me, at least!"

I burst out laughing. "And what would have been the fun in that?" I looked around and he was alone in his Pack Chapel. "Nikoa, I truly appreciate you doing this on such short notice."

"No problem at all." He clasped his hands as he stood before the podium. "Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Where's Hailey?"

"In her room." Nikoa sighed. "She heard everything and stormed out right after you asked me to marry you and Brenna."

I nodded as guilt tugged at my heart for ever thinking this was going to be easy when it ended.

Nikoa clasped my shoulder as he looked into my eyes, giving it a manly squeeze. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Hailey knew what she was getting into when she agreed to see you on a regular basis."

I shrugged. "Yeah, but that doesn't make it any easier." Then I turned to Brenna. "Are you ready?"

***

Brenna

Suddenly, the door flew open, hitting the wall and Hailey barged in. "So, you're really marrying her?"

Adan rolled his eyes. "Hailey, give it a rest. I thought that was clear."

"But you promised to ma—"

Before she could finish that sentence, I grabbed her by the throat, marched her to the door, and threw her out.

She landed with a thud in the hallway. "How dare you?" She asked, getting to her feet.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll stay down," I said, having had enough of Hailey and her nonsense. "Adan has told you and now so am I. Adan and I are Mates. We love each other, and we're getting married today. And the sooner you get used to it, the better off we'll all be."

Tears filled Hailey's eyes. "Adan?"

"You heard her." Adan gave her a sad look as he shook his head and then headed back into the chapel, leaving me alone to handle Hailey.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she stood in the hallway. What she was waiting for, I had no idea.

"Hailey...." Nikoa scooted past me as he hurried toward her and then led her to the elevator. "Go to your suite and wait for me there. I'll be up to talk to you soon."

Hailey nodded and looked at me over her shoulder one last time before going into the elevator. Nikoa walked in with her, but the door didn't close. Then he came out a moment later and hit the button. The door closed and he headed back to me, adjusting his suit. "Are you ready?"

I nodded as I followed him inside and Nikoa took his place once again before the podium.

But I took a step back. "Adan, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Absolutely! Why do you even need to ask?" Adan ran his fingers through his dark hair as a lock fell lazily over his forehead, obviously having had enough.

I shrugged. "Well, when I saw the look on your face—"

"Brenna," Adan cut me off as he took my hands, sincerity coloring his eyes. "You are my Mate and my future. I don't love her, and I told her time and time again that I was waiting for my Mate."

"And are you sure you love me?"

He gently touched my cheek as a smile curled his lips. "Beyond a shadow of a doubt."

"So, shall we proceed?" A sly smile lit Nikoa's lips.

"By all means," Adan replied, taking my hand as he looked into my eyes, causing my heart to flutter.

"By the way, what are your middle names and official titles?" Nikoa looked between us, his eyebrows raised.

Adan and I chuckled as we told him. Nikoa could never be serious, even when he tried.

"Alpha Adan Patrick Cole, do you take Luna Brenna Alicia Sutton to be your lawfully wedded wife and Mate?" Nikoa asked, unusually serious. "To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

Adan's eyes were filled with so much love I thought my heart would burst receiving it. "I do."

Nikoa smiled as he turned to me. "And do you, Luna Brenna Alicia Sutton, take Alpha Adan Patrick Cole to be your lawfully wedded husband and Mate, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

Tears filled my eyes, my voice thick with emotion when I replied, "I do." Even though it was a small wedding and rushed, this moment couldn't have been more perfect.

Nikoa cleared his throat as he turned to Adan. "Do you have a ring?"

"I do." Adan smiled as he slipped his hand into the inside pocket of his suit coat, pulled out two rings, and handed them to Nikoa.

In turn, Nikoa held them on the flat of his palm. "Adan, take her ring and repeat after me. 'With this ring, I thee wed.'"

Adan took the ring, and electricity coursed through my body as he held my hand, looking into my eyes. "With this ring, I thee wed." Then he slid the gold band onto my finger, where it would remain forever.

"Brenna." Nikoa smiled as he held Adan's ring out to me.

I took it as I looked into Adan's eyes. "With this ring, I thee wed." Then I slid the ring onto his finger.

A broad smile spread across Nikoa's face. "Adan, you may now kiss your bride and Mate."

Adan took me into his arms and gently smoothed the back of his hand over my cheek. "I love you, Brenna."

"I love you, too, Adan."

Then his lips descended upon mine as fire coursed through my veins. I opened for him, and passion overtook us both. Adan pulled back a moment later and gave me one last sweet kiss.

"Congratulations!" Nikoa pulled Adan in for a manly hug, and then gave me a delicate hug. "Not to get rid of you, but you both should get back to your Pack before the Blood Moon is in full swing."

"Thank you." Adan beamed at me as he gently squeezed my hand and then turned back to Nikoa. "I can't tell you how much this means to me, Nikoa."

"To both of us," I corrected, giving him a small smile.

"It was my pleasure."

***

A/N: Whoa! So, what do you think of Brenna throwing Hailey out? 

Eeeekkk!!!! Brenna and Adan are finally married! 

Comment below and let me know what you think! More to come Wednesday! 

Thanks for reading!