Chapter 89: Love is Love

Adan

"She's got you there." Magenta chuckled as she tried to sit up, but I gently pushed her back down on the bed. "As an un-Mated Alpha of this Pack, the urge to mate will be exceptionally strong for you tonight. Even more so than with our future Queen."

"I'm fine." I let out a deep breath, looking around. I spotted Magenta's cell phone on the nightstand beside her bed and quickly dialed Nikoa's number.

Although I didn't say anything, I was already starting to feel the effects of the Blood Moon, and Magenta was right. As the night wears on, the urge to mate will only get worse... until I claim Brenna as my Mate and Queen. "I'm calling Nikoa. You stay here and rest."

"Nikoa Blaise speaking," he answered on the first ring.

"Nikoa, it's me... Adan."

"Adan!" It sounded as if he was walking as he shifted ears. "To what do I owe the honor of a phone call on the first night of the Blood Moon?"

"I need you to marry me."

"Well, it's a little sudden, but you're not my type, man."

I rolled my eyes. "No, not you! Brenna and me. I know you're busy getting everything ready for the Blood Moon tonight, but Magenta, my Pack Witch, is not well and we need someone to marry us."

"I'd love to do it, but can you come to me?" He sighed on the other end. "I won't be able to get back before nightfall."

I raised my eyebrows to Brenna, silently asking her if she could teleport us and she nodded. The hearing of wolves is extraordinary, so I knew she had heard. She quickly nodded.

"Give me a minute to change and I'll be right there." I bit my lower lip and released it. "Please. Don't tell Hailey that we're coming."

"Too late." He sighed. "She's right here."

I rolled my eyes. When it rains it pours. "That's okay. I'll find someone else."

"No, it's fine. I'll be ready and everything will be fine when you get here."

"Thanks, man," I replied. "But please make sure she isn't around when I get there."

"I'll do my best." The phone went dead a moment later.

Then I sat on the chair beside Magenta's bed and held her hand. "Magenta, is there a healer you would like me to call?"

Magenta nodded, a small smile lighting her lips. "I need Willow Drake, the Witch Supreme of The Circle of Selene Coven." She looked up at Brenna. The witches from The Circle of Selene Coven was devoted to serving the Moon Goddess and the ones who assigned the Pack Witches. "Could you summon her?"

Brenna nodded. "Yes, of course! Adan, give me her phone—"

"No, summon her," Magenta repeated. "I'll tell you how."

"Oh-kay...."

She smiled. "Just close your eyes, hold out your hands, and repeat after me."

Brenna did exactly as she said.

"Vocatio veneficae summae salices," Magenta breathed, her eyes growing heavy.

"Magenta?" I knelt beside her bed.

"Do it," she commanded Brenna, her eyes weak, reflecting her countenance.

Brenna closed my eyes and said, "Vocatio veneficae summae salices!"

Suddenly, a woman with beautiful long white hair came into view—Willow. I recognized her right away. She had come to my Pack to visit Magenta upon occasion.