Chapter 89: Love is Love

Start from the beginning

Willow frowned. "You don't have to yell, you know." She raised her chin as she took Brenna in. "Who are you? Who sent you? State your name and your business immediately before I block you—"

"No," Magenta said beside me. "Willow, I sent her."

"Magenta?" The woman's silver eyes flashed, her lips snarling. "What have you done to Magenta, you wench?"

"Nothing!" Brenna replied, her eyes wide as my blood boiled. No one disrespects Brenna like that... especially not a witch. "I'm Brenna, the new Luna of the Moon Shadow Pack. I'm not familiar with how this works exactly, but Magenta asked me to summon you. She needs your help."

Willow nodded. "Go back. I shall be there momentarily."

"Then you'll come?" Brenna asked, tilting her head to the side.

Willow scoffed, waving her hand dismissively. "Yes, of course! I'll explain everything when I arrive. Now, be gone!"

She raised her arms, and the vision dissipated. Brenna gasped, clenching her heart.

"Brenna, are you all right?" I asked, concerned.

"Oh, she'll be fine." Willow walked past us to Magenta, already there in the flesh. "Out-of-body experiences are always draining, especially when it's your first time."

"Out-of-body experience?" Brenna asked. "But we could all see you."

Willow's head snapped toward her. "Yes, and I could see all of you, too. But in order to do it, you had to travel out of body."

"But I'm a Luna. Not a witch," Brenna replied.

Willow's head snapped toward Brenna, her eyes wide. "And I'd say a very powerful one at that." Then she turned toward Magenta and took her hand. Her eyes softened as she sat on the bed beside her. "Magenta, my love, hang on. You just need to be healed—"

Magenta shook her head, trying to sit up. "No, Willow. It's my time." She gently ran her fingertips along Willow's cheek. "I wanted to see you one last time. I also need to pass you my magic—"

"No!" Willow fell to her knees beside Magenta as she held her hand. "I'll give you some of my magic—"

"And I've taken too much as it is," Willow cut her off. "I'll not take any more."

"Well, I'm not asking." Willow stood and closed her eyes, holding her hand over Magenta's heart. "Sana, sana, sana, sana...."

Before long, Magenta smiled as the color returned to her face.

Willow plopped down hard in the chair beside the bed, spent.

"I told you not to do that." One corner of Magenta's lips curled into a smile as she rose from the bed. "Adan, lay her on my bed—"

"Or course." Before she could object, I scooped Willow into my arms and lay her on the bed, and then turned to Magenta. "Will she be okay?"

Magenta nodded, smiling. "She just needs some rest... and some orange juice wouldn't hurt." Magenta smiled as she held Willow's hand, sitting on the bed beside her. "When will you ever learn?"

"You're not leaving me," Willow breathed, clearly exhausted. "Not if I have anything to say about it."

"Crazy witch."

"Old bat."

Everyone burst out laughing.

I placed my hand on Brenna's back. "If you don't need anything more, we'll take our leave." Then my eyes met Magenta's. "Thank you... for everything."

Magenta nodded, a smile lighting her lips. "It's my pleasure to serve you and the Pack." Then she leaned in and kissed Willow as I led Brenna from the room, giving them some privacy.

When we were in the hallway, Brenna's guards were standing outside, waiting for us, panting after a she-wolf who was walking by. "Guarding your Queen should be your first concern!"

"Aye!" they both snapped to attention, looking straight ahead.

We walked past them, headed straight for the elevator with Brenna and pushed the button. The door opened a moment later. "Guards, we'll meet you upstairs."

"Aye!" they both replied as we stepped into the elevator, alone.

"Are you sure you'll be able to teleport us?" I asked, standing away from Brenna, fording myself not to claim her. The urge was strong.

Brenna nodded. "Yes, of course." She smiled as a crease formed between her eyes. "I didn't know Magenta was seeing anyone."

I shrugged. "Neither did I. But apparently, they wanted to keep their relationship private. Hard telling how long they've been together."

"That's great." Brenna stepped out when the doors opened on our floor, and headed toward her room. "I'm glad Magenta has someone."

I unlocked the door to my suite. "Brenna, get ready." Knox's blood had stained her wedding dress, but I was sure she had other gowns she could wear. "I'll be right over."

A devilish smile curled her lips. "Don't take too long."

***

A/N: So, do you think Brenna and Adan will marry in time before the Blood Moon? What do you think of Magenta and Willow?