Chapter 84: One Taste

Adan

Since the castle was secure and on lockdown for the Blood Moon, I made my way up the stairs of the castle, taking two at a time, to see my Mate. The Blood Moon was quickly approaching. I could feel it boiling in my blood. But what I felt now, bubbling under the surface, would be nothing compared to what it would be like under the Blood Moon.

Before then, I had to claim Brenna as my Mate. Protect her. Otherwise, she would be open to any wolf with a hard-on, and I wasn't going to let that happen.

The Blood Moon was our Season of Mating. It was nature's way of reproducing and keeping the bloodlines mixed. As wolf-shifters, we were stronger for it. But as the Alpha of a Pack or the father of a daughter, it was dangerous. Too dangerous.

But my father and I had always done an excellent job of protecting the women in our Pack. Anyone out on the Blood Moon knew what they were in for. Everyone else was locked away safely in their homes for the duration of the three days.

As I approached Brenna's door, the sound of ladies talking and giggling stopped me in my tracks. Instead, I went to my room, knowing Brenna was preparing for our wedding in the morning. Marrying on the morning of the first night of the Blood Moon was cutting it close, but it was better late than too late.

Personally, I'd experienced the frenzy of the Blood Moon before, and it was fun and wild. But I'd never want Brenna exposed to it. The main reason? I don't share. The second reason? I protect what's mine. The third? I only want her.

I called down to Caesar to have him send up an elegant dinner for two. I was tempted to take Brenna tonight, claim her as my Mate, and marry her in the morning. But I'd waited this long, and I could wait a few more hours.

My wolf growled his disapproval.

"It's okay, boy. Soon. We'll claim her soon."

It would be a small, private ceremony. One that would get the job done. I would arrange for a proper wedding later, if that's what Brenna wanted. But right now, protecting her was the most important thing.

I just hoped that Darius didn't decide to attack during the Blood Moon. If he touched one hair on Brenna's head, I would kill him. In fact, I'd have him drawn and quartered, and if he survived, I'd take great pleasure in finishing the job myself.

While I waited, I turned the shower on cold and jumped in, but the freezing-cold water didn't do anything to soothe the heat boiling under my skin.

"Just one more day," I told myself. "You can wait just one more day."

My inner wolf growled his discontent. If it were up to my beast, he would bust down the door now and either take her in front of whoever was there or carry her back here to our suite and never let her go until we claimed her and was raw in all the right places.

But instead, I wrapped my hand around my length and began pumping, imagining that I was inside Brenna, taking her hard and fast. It didn't take long before my body shuddered in a fabulous climax.

I quickly finished my shower and then dressed in a dark gray suit and a light gray button-down shirt. I added my silver cufflinks, donned my black shoes, and was ready. By the time I had finished combing my dark-brown hair into place, the feminine chatter from next door had subsided.

I slowly opened the door, and Brenna was standing on the balcony, looking out over the courtyard, wearing an elegant soft blue down that reached the floor, and her hair was done up into curls with soft tendrils laying on her slender neck. She was gorgeous as she turned when she heard the door open, and her doe eyes caught mine, causing my heart to pound.