Chapter 82: Truth

Brenna

After leaving Adan, I headed to Magenta's suite, knowing we had to hurry. All around me, everyone was scurrying about, locking down the castle, preparing for an attack. When I got to Magenta's floor, an announcement was made to finish locking down the castle, and if Colin Perry was found, he was to be brought straight to the Alpha. I had no idea who he was or what he had done, but it must have been something serious.

Knock, knock, knock!

The door opened, and Magenta was smiling as she stood in the doorway. "Luna! I've been expecting you! Come in! Please!"

"What do you mean, 'you were expecting me?'"

She closed the door behind me after I walked in. "Well, the Blood Moon is tomorrow, so I knew you'd be here soon regarding your marriage." She arched an eyebrow, giving me a sly smile. "Cutting it a bit close. Don't you think?"

"Well, better late than never." I lifted one shoulder as I headed toward the dining room table. It was usually where we discussed business or where I trained. "So, how have you been?"

"I should be asking you that." She tilted her head to the side. "Are you okay after the ordeal this morning?"

I nodded. "Just fine. And you?"

She lifted one shoulder. "A bit tired but no worse for wear." She motioned toward what had become my regular chair. "Please, sit down. So, when would you like to get married?"

"As soon as possible," I replied. "Maybe early in the morning?"

A crease formed between Magenta's eyes. "Maybe tonight. The morning would be cutting it a little close. The first night of the Blood Moon is tomorrow night. If you wait until the morning, it may be too late."

I nodded. "So, what time would you like to do it?"

"How soon can you get ready?"

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. When Magenta opened it, my heart pounded when I saw Adan standing there. "I'm so sorry for the intrusion, but Magenta, I need your help."

"Come in." She closed the door behind him and led us into the dining area. "What's wrong?"

Adan let out a deep breath. "Dane Dawson, a chef on the kitchen staff, never showed up for work today. When I checked on him in his room, Colin Perry, his roommate, was dead."

Magenta and I both gasped.

"Do you think Dane killed him?" Magenta asked.

"I'm not sure, but he has a lot to answer for when we find him," Adan replied. "Magenta, I need you to read the scene and track Dane, if you don't mind."

She nodded. "Yes, of course. It depends upon how long it has been since Colin's death, but I'll try."

Adan nodded. "Let's go." Then he turned to me. "Brenna, it's a pretty gruesome scene. Why don't you go upstairs to your suite and start getting everything ready for the wedding? I'll be up soon."

I shook my head. "No, if there's anything I can do to help—"

"No, Adan's right," Magenta interjected. "You have a lot to do before the wedding. Let's have it in the morning, that way you can have tonight to prepare. Adan and I can handle this."

I nodded. "You both be careful."

Adan took my hands and leaned his forehead against mine. He didn't say anything, but then again, he didn't have to. Actions always speak louder than words.

When he released me, my guards escorted me to the elevator, leaving me to wonder what was happening to the Pack.

Adan