Chapter 80: You Are Mine

Adan

"And now, what shall I do with you?" I pulled Mason from the SUV as soon as we arrived at the castle.

"I'm innocent!" he yelled, trying to keep up as I pulled him along.

We headed into the castle and down the hallway toward his office. "If you weren't the one who sold us out, then who did?"

He frantically shook his head. "I have no idea, but I'm telling you! It wasn't me!"

I stared at him for a moment. Dominic wasn't far behind, watching. "I don't have time to deal with you now." I marched toward the stairs and pulled him down with me until we reached the dungeon. It couldn't be reached by elevator. When I had the elevator installed in this old castle my father had built years ago, I intentionally had it stop on the first floor, not wanting prisoners to have an alternate means of escape.

"No!" Mason gasped as I pulled him along. "Confine me to my quarters, but don't keep me here!"

I jerked him up, staring at him while keeping my pace. "How did I not see what a coward you've become over the years?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Oh, I'm no coward." As I searched his eyes, there was something there that I'd never seen before. Something I had not thought him capable of. "Open the door!" I ordered one of the guards on duty that were keeping watch. "He is to remain here until further notice!"

"Aye!"

The guard opened the heavy wooden door, and I threw him inside. "You are to remain here until after the Blood Moon. I'll decide what I'll do with you then."

Mason took a step closer. "Adan, you will regret this, you know."

I stared him down, my eyes never wavering from his. "Never." Then I turned on my heel and stormed out. "Lock the door, and if he escapes, it'll be your heads!"

"Aye!" they both yelled in unison as I continued down the hallway.

I headed up the stairs, taking two at a time, and Brenna was standing there when I flung open the door on the first floor.

"Oh, thank God you're safe!" She threw her arms around me as she laid her head on my chest.

"Thanks for sending the guards." I pulled back, looking into her eyes. "They arrived just in time."

"Good." She nodded and started toward the doors as I followed. "I've secured the castle in the event of an attack from the humans or Darius's Pack." Then she went on to tell me what she had done in my absence.

I stared at her, completely and utterly amazed. "Good work." I kissed the top of her head. "Now, go to your suite and lock yourself in until I come for you."

"Not a chance." She shook her head, placing her hand on her sword. "With you and Dominic away, I took control. Now, my duty is to defend the interior of the castle with the young warriors, as we had agreed."

"Brenna, you're the Pack Luna, but have you been practicing your spells?"

She nodded. "A few. Enough. Besides, my sword fighting skills—"

"Are superb, yes," I finished, running my fingertips along her cheek. "But you also have a wedding to plan."

She stopped, a crease forming between her lovely eyes. "Yes, but—"

"The Blood Moon is swiftly approaching, and I will share you with no one." I cut her off again. "You. Are. Mine." My wolf growled with satisfaction deep inside my chest, filling my soul with want and need of her. "Now, go. Find Magenta and arrange our wedding."

"Now?" Her eyebrows shot up. "We still have until tomorrow—"

"And I won't take a chance on losing you," I growled. "Can't you see? I love you."

"I love you, too, but—"

"I couldn't bear it if the Snow Warrior Pack attacks instead of the humans, and they take you. Anything could happen—"

"Nothing's going to happen to me," she cut me off, placing her hand gently on my cheek as she gave me a knowing smile. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll speak with Magenta, but I want you to know that if we are attacked, I will fight."

I stared at her for a long moment and nodded once. "Agreed." I let out a deep breath. "Brenna, I'm sorry."

She tilted her head to the side, her eyes filled with concern. "About what?"

I bit my lower lip and released it. "I wanted to give you a big wedding, but it looks like it will have to be a small one... for now."

A soft smile graced her lips as her eyes met mine, filled with so much love I thought my heart would burst receiving it. "As long as I have you, it'll be enough."

I pulled her into my arms and crushed my lips to hers as electricity filled my body, willing her to feel the depth of my love.

"Alpha," Dominic whispered behind me. "We must prepare—"

"Aye," I cut him off as I gazed into Brenna's eyes. "Gather the Pack in the Auditorium but leave the guards on the perimeter. I must address them—"

"But sire—"

"Now!" I gave him a stern look. "It can't wait."

He nodded slowly. "Very well, My King." Then he turned and headed toward the main office. A moment later, the announcement was made for everyone to gather in the Auditorium, located across the hallway from the Main Dining Hall. It was where all the Pack Meetings were held, along with special ceremonies, like weddings.

"Brenna, go." I lifted her hand to my lips and kissed it, my eyes never leaving hers. "I'll join you soon."

She nodded as I walked her to the elevator and waited until she was gone to ensure her safety.

Dominic came around the corner and headed toward me a moment later, stopping a few feet behind me. "It is done."

I headed toward the Auditorium as he followed. When we walked inside, those present stood. The seats had been built on risers, and the floor gradually sloped down to the stage. I ascended the stairs and approached the podium as the rest of the Pack filed in.

"Take a seat, everyone," I said into the microphone. "We have much to discuss."

***

A/N: So, what do you think will happen next?

This story is complete on my Patreon if you'd like to read ahead: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=82904554