𝟎𝟏.

"Poor Jed." Hope mumbled.

"Poor me damn him." Kol pushed her head into the back seat before he stared out into the road.

Eventually his eyes fell heavy, eventually falling asleep due to his lack of sleep he's been getting.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Hope stared at her sleeping twin as she watched his face twitch uncomfortably. She looked at Alaric who noticed that he began to hyperventilate in his sleep causing him to nudge him.

"Kolton."

Kolton didn't budge—his fingers twitching while thick droplets of sweat dripped from his forehead before eventually Alaric shook him again, making his eyes snap open.

His eyes were glowing with a mythical purple hue around them before they slowly lightened into a bright yellow before dimming to his normal blue eyes.

"W-what the hell happened?" He questioned looking at his sister who placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You were having a nightmare."

"Bloody hell—it's that same dream every time, fire lots and lots of fire. Just swirling around me like a vortex but before I could actually see what's going on I woke up."

"Maybe you should talk to Emma when we return." Alaric suggested.

"No—I'm fine, let's just do this mission." He says opening the door with Hope following after him.

The twins walked up toward the door where Hope paused, seeing a dark haired boy arising from his seat staring at her with a shocked expression.

"Hope?"

"Landon?" She questioned with a small chuckle. She hadn't seen the boy in two years since the death of their father so seeing him was kind of a surprise.

"You two know each other?" Alaric came up toward them carrying his crossbow making Hope look back at him.

"Long story."

Their conversation was cut off with a loud scream gaining their attention where Kol raised his eyebrow at the door.

"Dr. Saltzman." He called out making the man sprint toward the door trying to open it but a thick layer of chains prevented him from doing so.

"The doors are locked."

"Dissera portus." Holding out her hands Hope yanked them apart allowing the doors to burst open with the chains shattering on impact.

"You're going to want to stay out here Landon, trust me." Hope told the human boy while they walked inside the church where two humans and a priest were.

"Shut down the priest would you?"

"Ad somnum." Closing his fist tightly the three humans dropped to the ground all unconscious while Rafael continued to scream—his bones breaking, sweat dripping from his head and his body developing a large sum of fur.

"Should we do it now?" Alaric looked at Kolton who looked at Rafael.

"No, he's not comfortable enough for us to put the chain around him." Walking slowly toward Raf who growled at him while moaning in pain.

"H-help me." He pleaded, making Kolton sigh, placing a hand on his shoulder as his eyes glowed violet. Dark veins traveled up his arm allowing him to siphon the pain from the transforming werewolf.

"Do it now!"

Sprinting into action Alaric and Hope set up the chains that would tie Rafael together so he wouldn't hurt anybody—by the time they got finished the 17-year old boy was known as a fully large black wolf.