"Well... it was the day I first saw," Jasper confessed with a gentle smile. "I had the biggest crush on you back then."

"Really?" Leon asked softly.

"Yeah," Jasper confirmed as he finished cleaning the wound. He reached for the bandage and began wrapping it around the blonde's shoulder, before he continued, "But... you were always too oblivious to even notice the signs that I've been giving you. I thought that you didn't feel the same back then, so I... sorta gave up after we got to the academy."

"Yeah, and I think that's when I started having a thing for you," Leon admitted, and Jasper looked at the blonde with wide eyes. "It took me a long time to finally figure it out. But when you left, that's when I realized... just how much I needed you by my side."

Leon studied the latter's face carefully for a few seconds before he smiled. It was soft, but nothing out of pity or sympathy, rather flattery and happiness. "Well... I guess now we know how we feel, right?"

Leon lets out a small chuckle, looking down as a small blush formed on his face. "Yeah. I guess we do."

Jasper smiled widely at him as he finished wrapping up the blonde's wound. He gently caressed his shoulder, making Leon shiver against his touch. "So... I guess this means that we'll go on a proper first date later?" He offered with a flirtatious grin.

Leon's eyes widened at the offer before a shy smile formed on his face and nodded, "Yeah, I'd like that."

Jasper smiled once the blonde accepted his offer and helped him stand up after treating his wound. "But... I'm not looking for anything fancy," Leon told him.

"OK. How about a burger date?" Jasper suggested.

"That's be nice," Leon smiled.

"Great," Jasper's smile widened, before he reached down to grab Leon's hand and pressed a kiss against his knuckles. "Dinner's on me then."

The shy smile Leon's face returned at the simple yet endearing gesture. Even if it took them so long to finally share their feelings, the wait was definitely worth it.

***

A week has passed since Leon, Jasper, Claire, and Sherry escaped the infested Raccoon City. Claire had left a few days ago to continue the search for her brother, Chris. Both Leon and Jasper had wished her good luck before she left and now it was just Leon, Jasper, and Sherry.

Jasper was currently in the shower while Leon and Sherry sat next to each other as they watched TV. Over the past week, Sherry became emotionally attached to the two young men as if she had a new family.

Leon looked over at the little girl, who had Claire's jacket laid upon her shoulders. "Do you miss Claire?" He asked softly.

"Yeah," Sherry admitted, glancing at the jacket.

Leon smiled sadly at Sherry. "I promise we'll see her again."

Sherry turned towards him and asked, "Can you tell me how you and Jasper met?"

"Well," Leon started, leaning back against the bed, "I was about eight when I met him. I moved into the neighborhood he was in and I lived right next to him. I was scared, and I didn't know anybody there... but Jasper helped me. We become friends after that. We were inseparable, until he left the police academy."

"A year passed. I decided to go to Raccoon City to find him, but... things went south over there. Luckily, Jasper was there to rescue me before it was too late," Leon continued, staring out the window next to the bed as he recalled all of the memories of him and Jasper. "Honestly, if I actually listened and stayed away, I don't think he'd be here with us right now."

"Did you miss him a lot when he was gone?" Sherry asked, scooting closer to his side.

"Of course, I did. I missed him more than anyone," Leon confessed with a gentle smile.

The bathroom door clicked and swung open, revealing Jasper drying his ebony locks with a single towel. "Sorry I took so long," he said before he tossed the towel aside. "So... what have you guys been doing while I was gone?"

"Just talking about you," Sherry replied.

Jasper glanced at Sherry before narrowing his eyes at Leon suspiciously. "Well, I hope he didn't say anything dumb about me while I was showering."

Sherry giggled. "No, he didn't. Promise."

Suddenly, the door to the room was kicked in, frightening the little girl. Armed men stormed into the room with their guns drawn and Leon urged the girl, "Sherry, get behind me!" Sherry immediately rushed to Leon and wrapped her arms around his waist. The blonde stood in front of her while Jasper blocked them from the armed men.

"Stand down!" A voice commanded, and the armed men lowered their guns. One of the men walked past them and stood in front of Jasper. He could tell that he was probably the captain. "Leon Kennedy, Jasper Park, you're coming with us for questioning. Do not resist and this'll all be over soon."

"Questioning for what?" Jasper pondered.

"The Raccoon City outbreak," he responded. He then pressed a finger to his ear, talking into his earpiece. "Yes, sir. Targets have been located. Apprehending them now."

The men grabbed the three and pulled them away from each other. "No!" Sherry cried when one of the men harshly grabbed her, alerting Leon and Jasper.

"Hey! Don't hurt her!" Leon shouted.

"Calm down, sir. She will be placed in protective custody," the man holding onto Sherry informed the blonde.

"Let's move!"

The three of them were taken out of the hotel by the men, earning scared looks from the people there. Leon and Jasper were thrown into a vehicle while Sherry was taken to another. As they left the hotel, the two young adults sat next to each other, both worried about the little girl they had been taking care of after escaping the infested Raccoon City.

Jasper was biting his fingernails nervously. What do they want from them? Where are they taking them? What's going to happen to Sherry? Does she have any other relatives to take care of her? He had so many questions, yet so little answers.

The raven-haired was completely in his own thoughts that he didn't hear Leon calling his name until he placed his hand on his knee, snapping him out of his nervous trance. "Are you OK?" The blonde asked.

"Yeah," Jasper nodded quickly, but Leon could tell that he wasn't feeling good.

"I promise. Everything's gonna be fine," he reassured him.

"I hope so."

They both knew that there was nothing they could do right now. So they waited until fate decided to call them upon something...