Ch. 27: It's Time

Începe de la început

"But how exactly are we going to get up THERE without drawing the eyes of the spies?" Gus asked, pointing to the castle in the distance.

"We can fly but we would need you to maintain a cover for us with an illusion." Willow said to her friend. "The first time was lucky but this one might not be."

"How about we teleport?" Hunter suggested.

"It's too far. Most teleport spells only go for a certain distance." Amity said to him, shaking her head.

"Teleport?" Luz said before gasping, remembering a VERY useful glyph combination and VERY big! "I've got it! But I'm gonna need some space!"

The group quickly backed up, knowing that whatever Luz was going to do would be BIG!

Quickly drawing an ice glyph and creating a spear, Luz used it and dragged it through the ground as she was drawing a large glyph combination before her friends.

"Where did you learn this?" Gus asked.

"You don't want to know." Luz quickly said.

"But this combination, it's HUGE!" Willow shouted, looking at it with wide eyes.

"Not to mention incredibly complicated. No offense but this looks like it would take years of study to achieve." Hunter said, bending his knees to look closer.

"Or you could just have a good memory like yours truly." Luz said, pointing to herself as she finished. "Alright, everyone step on."

"First, can you tell us what this glyph does?" Amity asked.

"Simple... it's going to teleport us straight to the skull." Luz said, stabbing the ice spear into the ground.

"Straight to the skull?!" The gang said.

"That would be... the only straight thing I've ever done." Amity said with a blank tone.

Luz chuckled, finding this joke very funny.

'Where did this version of Amity come from? When does she make jokes like this?' Luz thought, shaking her head. 'It's like we're in a fanfic or something.'

Putting that crazy thought aside, Luz tossed the ice spear away and rubbed her hands together.

"Alright, everyone hold on to your butts! This is gonna be a rush!" Luz said before she slammed her hands down in the glyph.

Suddenly, there was a bright light shining from the glyph and then consuming them all in a gold glow!

"WHOA!" Gus, Hunter Amity, and Willow screamed out.

They shut their eyes for a two seconds, feeling a fast breeze rushing past them before they opened their eyes to notices that they were already at the skull... what was left of it at least.

"W-We're here." Hunter said, looking around in surprise.

'That is NOTHING like my teleporting.' Hunter thought.

"Yeah, it's a very useful glyph for traveling. I'll have to experiment with it later." Luz said, standing up.

Luz looked down a bit, which Amity noticed.

"Something wrong, Luz?"

"It's just... the last two times I was here... it lead to something bad happening." Luz said, "I helped Belos meet the collector here, I failed to stop the day of unity... what if I make a bigger mistake this time?"

"Luz, we've been over this, you aren't the reason this stuff has happened." Hunter said, "You were tricked, you aren't responsible."

"I know but... all this chaos... all these problems... I'm worried." Luz said, before reaching into her bag and pulling out her egg, "What if... what if I fail?"