chapter 4 💘

We finally made our way to the closest jewelry store near us, "Kacy's Jewels". Cameron starts to get out of his car and then quickly runs over to my side and opens the door. I look up at him, the color pink painted on my face.

"Why did you do that?" I say with confusion in my voice as I start to get out of the car.

"Don't ask, just come on, I have things to do." He says stiffly. I really don't understand why he was being so harsh towards me. I didn't have to go out and buy these things for him but I did because I hate leaving things off on bad terms. But I shrug it off and follow him into the small but fancy store. We enter the store and Cameron makes his way to the cashier.

"Hey, do you mind if we look at your tennis bracelets?" He says.

"Of course not, follow me this way." She says with a small smile. We both follow her and we spot the tennis bracelets. Cameron starts to search for the tennis bracelet that he had gotten or at least something similar to it. He continues to search for the tennis bracelet until he pauses and picks up this beautiful silver bracelet that had small diamonds circling around it. I grab the bracelet out of his hand.

"This one, this one is the one." I say while quickly handing it over to the cashier to just buy it and get it over with.

"Okay that'll be $3,000." She says.

"Do you take cash?" I say crossing my fingers.

"Yes we do, we take both cash and credit." She says while smiling. I let out a sigh of relief and handed over the 3,000 dollars that I had taken out of my summer savings. She carefully grabs the money and then boxes up the bracelet and hands it over to me.

"Thank you, Have a nice day!" She says.

"You too!" I say. Me and Cameron both start making our way to the car. He opened my door for me and then made his way to the driver's side and sat down. He kind of just was sitting there, so I looked over to him. I was tempted to say something, but I didn't. He opened his mouth, but then decided not to speak. I looked away and just sat there until he either said something, or started driving. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him look at me. I think he was waiting for me to look back at him.

After an awkward couple of minutes of not speaking, he finally started driving. He turned the radio on.

"Do you wanna change it?" he asks, "The radio, I mean."

"Sure." I said. I scroll through the stations until I found one I liked. There weren't many good songs on the radio, so I had to settle for Snap Out Of It by Arctic Monkeys. Not that it isn't a good song, but not my first choice. The song was halfway over, anyways.

There wasn't much traffic coming home, but once we were a little over halfway to my house, it started to rain. And not just drizzles, or a little rain, like I mean full on torrential downpour. There were still barely any cars, but you could barely see out the windshield.

"Jesus, how did this rain start? It was sunny and clear 5 minutes ago. I can't even see out the windshield." he said. His left arm was stretched out and holding the wheel. His right was resting on the arm rest, his hand facing me. My arm was at my side, my hand facing myself. What would happen if I reached for his hand? I thought to myself. The thought made my stomach knot. I quickly shook it off.

"Maybe pull over? I'm sure it'll stop soon." I said. He nodded and pulled over into a street. It was pretty empty.

"Hey are you hungry? I know a restaurant that's pretty nearby." he said, looking at me. I looked back.

"Yeah," I nodded, "Yeah, I am a little hungry." He nodded and moved his hand. Well, there goes the thought of holding his hand, I thought. Not like I was going to do it anyways. Not like I even wanted to do it.