Chapter 2: You Are Beautiful Just The Way You Are - Finn Bálor and Dakota Kai

(warning: contains crying, mentions of bullying, etc.)

Dakota Kai sat alone in the locker room, her body aching from the brutal beating she had endured earlier in the ring. Her mind was filled with a whirlwind of emotions, and tears streamed down her face as she replayed the painful encounter over and over again. She felt defeated, broken, and worst of all, she felt ugly.

Just then, the door creaked open, and Finn Bálor, her friend and mentor, stepped inside. His eyes immediately caught sight of Dakota's tear-streaked face, and concern washed over him. Without a word, he closed the door behind him and made his way towards her.

Gently, Finn sat down beside Dakota, his presence offering her a sense of comfort. He didn't say anything at first, allowing her the space to collect herself. Finally, Dakota found the courage to speak, her voice trembling.

"Finn, I... I don't understand. I've trained so hard, given everything I have, and yet I still end up being beaten like this. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this," she choked out, her voice filled with self-doubt.

Finn placed a hand on her shoulder, his touch warm and reassuring. "Dakota, listen to me. You are one of the strongest, most talented wrestlers I know. This loss doesn't define you. It's just a setback, and setbacks are a part of life. It's how we bounce back from them that truly matters."

Dakota looked up at Finn, her eyes searching for answers. "But why? Why do I always feel so... inadequate? Like I'm not good enough?"

Finn smiled gently, his voice filled with sincerity. "Dakota, you are beautiful just the way you are. Your strength, your passion, and your determination make you shine. Don't let anyone, or anything, make you believe otherwise."

As Dakota absorbed Finn's words, a sense of hope began to flicker within her. She wiped away her tears and took a deep breath, finding newfound strength in his words.

"You're right, Finn. I can't let this defeat define me. I won't let it break me," she declared, her voice filled with determination.

Finn nodded, his eyes gleaming with pride. "That's the spirit, Dakota. Remember, every challenge you face only makes you stronger. And I'll be right here, cheering you on every step of the way."

With Finn's unwavering support, Dakota felt a renewed sense of purpose. She knew that she would face more obstacles in her wrestling career, but she also knew that she had the strength to overcome them. She was beautiful, both inside and out, and she would never let anyone take that away from her.

As they sat there, side by side, Dakota felt a newfound sense of gratitude for having Finn in her life. He had not only comforted her in her darkest moments but had also reminded her of her worth. With his guidance, she knew she could conquer anything that came her way.

Together, they sat in the locker room, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. And as they listened to the distant echoes of Grandson's song "Blood // Water," Dakota couldn't help but feel a surge of determination coursing through her veins. She was ready to rise above, to prove her worth, and to show the world just how beautiful she truly was.