Chapter 1: Pineapple

Start from the beginning

The castle however looked rusty, and old, like it was created by the dragon gods centuries ago! Sparks worried about that too, hoping it wouldn't crack and collapse down onto him. All the other dragons were too caught up in their own things to notice Sparks. Maybe this school would be a little better than his last. Maybe his mum was right. Maybe he would make friends. Maybe nothing would go wrong today.

But of course, Sparks wasn't paying attention to reality, and he landed with a thud and skidded across the stone and hit someone's talons.

"Argh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you!", but because he is part dark dragon, the star dragon he just bumped into retreated and left. Sparks was just lying on the floor waiting for someone to trip over him, and thinking about the meaning of life, when a little nature dragon bent down in front of him.

" Hi! Do you need help? Or are your problems out of my talons?", she said with her talon out in front of her ready to grab Sparks' talon. But before Sparks could take it she grabbed his foreleg and yanked him upwards. After feeling like his foreleg was dislocated, the dragon said:

"Hi! My name is Pineapple! I like science and bananas! You look new! Do you want to be my friend?", said the dragon named Pineapple. The dragon named Pineapple looked like the type of dragon that got very excited and yelled about absolutely everything.

"But... I'm part dark dragon! Aren't you scared of me?!", asked Sparks, bewildered he had actually been asked a question by someone.

"Pfft! I don't judge people by what they look like, even though you're a dark dragon, I'll get to know you first, before I would even think about leaving you in the dark with no science books or fruit!", explained Pineapple.

"That's oddly specific...", mumbled Sparks to himself. Pineapple looked like the kind of dragon that is super loud, and has lots of friends.

"Would you like to sit with me and my friends during food time? Maybe you could become part of our group or something?!", asked Pineapple.

"Yeah, sure! I'd like that!"

"Okay! Also, if you want, you can call me Pineapple Apple Pear as a nickname, too."

"Sure", said Sparks, with the biggest smile on his face. It was the biggest smile he had in a long time.

'My luck is beginning to change! And in a really good way!', Sparks thought. But then, because of the dragon Sparks was, his bad luck would cause bad things to happen to his new friend.

He sat through all his boring classes with a ginormous smile sitting on his face like face paint that wouldn't wash off. When it got to recess, and the teacher dismissed the class, Sparks actually jumped off his seat, which ended up making the other dragons trip on their mats when they were trying to stand up! He sprinted out of the room as fast as his talons could carry him with dragons shouting at him to come and clean up the mess he had made.

"SPARKS! CLEAN THIS UP!"

"SPARKS! YOU COME BACK RIGHT NOW!"

Normally, he would go back and apologize until the teachers needed to eat, but he was too excited to sit with Pineapple and his friends. A friend! He couldn't wait for what would happen next.

He walked- well, sort of ran- into the eating area next to the Green Mountains. The mountains were covered in wet snow with dragonets of all sizes racing to be the first one at the top. The stone was a greyish silverish color, with the sun and different colors reflecting on it as a rainbow had just appeared.

When Sparks spotted Pineapple in the crowd with a bunch of dragonets from all different tribes, she was obviously shouting over the top of the rest of the dragons trying to eat, with lots of dragons that kept eyeing her with eyes that read 'Be quiet!'Sparks wasn't exactly sure what he heard her say, but he made out the word, banana, which was weirdly said, like, eleven times. He bounded across the room, pushing dragons of all tribes and sizes out of the way as he went. That probably wasn't the best first impression to have on the other dragons, considering he was a dark dragon.

" Hi Pineapple! I made it!", he said.

"Awesome! Guys! This is Sparks, half Dark dragon, half nature dragon. He'll be sitting with us today! And maybe other days too!", said Pineapple to his group of three other dragons.

'That's really weird. I never told her I was part nature dragon!'

Sparks was about to say something in return, but stopped himself as he saw Pineapple just kept on talking.

"This quiet, cute little moon dragon over here is Nightflyer! She's super shy, but awesome once you get to know her!", she said, pointing to a blue and purple dragon who smiled shyly.

"This sad looking dragon over here is Sunmaker. They're supposed to be the light dragon to destroy all the Dark dragons because they've actually got too much light buried inside them! But they are super sad because they think they are not the right dragon for the job, but I think they are! They're awesome! Aren't you, Sunmaker?!", Pineapple explained, pointing to a depressed looking yellow, orange, red, and pink dragon, who was leaning up in the corner quietly mumbling to themself. 

Sunmaker had too much light inside them, which was something that simply could not be explained. It just was. Everyone was counting on Sunmaker to destroy all the evil dark dragons with their power, but they always thought the least of themself, and didn't think they could ever do it. Sparks didn't really understand a word that came out of Pineapple's mouth, but nodded along anyway.

"For the last time, Pineapple! I am the worst dragon ever! Stop saying that!", said Sunmaker.

"And who's the pink dragon over here with the rose horns and evil smile on her face?", asked Sparks, laughing a little bit.

"Oh, yeah! This is Bamboo. I call her Bambi, but she hates it. She's always been mysterious and also quite weird. She loves super dangerous stuff like swords and things. She's a Rose dragon", Pineapple said, pointing at the pink dragon.

"I hate being pink...", Bamboo muttered to herself. Later that day (after a few hours of laughing, and drawing dragons with pineapples for heads on the whiteboard), Sparks was happier than he'd ever been in his life. After a full day, with Sparks' new friends, now, he was the happiest dragon alive! This school couldn't get any better for him! But could it?!

Sparks was overjoyed and the most excited dragon in the world when he woke the next morning. He really wanted to go to school as early as he could to wait for his new friends. But he couldn't, because he had to help Coco with cooking the cow for breakfast. He told his mother all about his day with his new friends. She was happy that he was happy. And he wanted today to be better!